Saturday, August 27, 2016

FO :: Lexies Minne

Untitled

I started these back in March and somehow they were put away and forgotten until I found them in one of my knitting baskets... I had finished both heels, so they were a fast knit to finish when I just put my mind to it ;) Since my sock drawer is more than full, I had decided to put these in a box I've put most of the socks I have knitted this year (hubby's socks drawer is full too, so the only one that has been getting new socks lately is my oldest son who also loves to wear hand knit socks). It somehow feels good to know I have a box full of new socks just waiting :) But last night my daughter saw the socks and tried them on and asked if she could have them. I was stunned as she is not a huge fan of hand knitted items besides mittens, but said that of course she could have them. They are a little too big for her, but I'm sure she will grow into them. And maybe there is hope that she will like hand knitted socks too ;) A mother can hope!

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Lexies minne
Yarn: 99 g Sisu in red #4219 and white #1001. The red is much more darker than my camera manage to capture.
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1.5
Made for: Erin

Untitled

Untitled

7 comments:

  1. How pretty! Where we live is not as cold as where you are, but none of my family members like hand-knit socks. I only knit a few pairs for myself, so I love seeing all the ones you knit. I dream of a family that likes to wear my hand-knits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make stunning socks! Right now I am finishing my 3rd pair but you inspire me to try a fancier pattern in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make stunning socks! Right now I am finishing my 3rd pair but you inspire me to try a fancier pattern in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous! Love cables and stranded work together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful socks! She's very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful socks, I liked the combination of red and white.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥