Wednesday, August 24, 2016

On The Needles :: Echoes From Karelia

IMG_20160824_191014

What are you knitting and reading this week?
I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along and Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm and Craft On.

Knitting: I've been wanting to knit a pair of Echoes from Karelia socks since I found the pattern some time ago on Ravelry. I started them a few weeks ago, but after the fun part (the stranded knitting) was done they have been laying in my knitting basket... I have picked them up and have decided to finish them before I cast on a new pair!

Reading: I like a good crime/thriller and have loved the Odd Singsaker series. This is the 4th book - Paradisplaneten, and although it is a bit more fantasy like than the other books in the series, I like it a lot. But then again I really like a good fantasy/mystery book too :) I don't think it's been translated into english yet.
In Trondheim a fireman is hoisted to put the russelua on the head of the Olav Tryggvason statue. By Tryggvason feet they find a human head. The head belongs to a man from Strindheim who have been beheaded.
In London the secretary of the Royal Society is killed the same way. By the body is a message: You will lose the helmet.
What is the connection between these events and a brotherhood inspired by the English philosopher Francis Bacon, who died in 1626?
Odd Singsaker is back - this gray-haired, persistent investigator from Trøndelag. He is on sick leave and prepared for quiet days at home with his young, beautiful wife Felicia Stone. But a gift from the librarian Siri Holm has already wrapped them into the case. Singsaker have no choice, and we are on a journey through the centuries and between continents, where a book is crucial for historical events and time and again triggers murder. - from Goodreads-

4 comments:

  1. I love the colorwork on those socks. Looks like they'll be really cozy when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are lovely. I love the stranded work. I've made lots of socks but I want to do stranded pair some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. En god krim, og et spennende strikketøy er perfekt nå når høsten nærmer seg. Sokkene dine blir flotte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your colorwork projects. I'm itchin' to start one.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥