Monday, July 31, 2017

Ludwig, Fishing and a Hike To Varto

Untitled

After finishing my Not so matching stripes socks, I decided to use the remaining yarn for a pair of Ludwig socks. The pattern is from the Op-Art socks book by Stephanie van der Linden and it's my first time knitting mosaic knitting. Which I thought was complicated, but it really isn't as the effect is made by slipped stitches. So I think I 'll have to find another mosaic pattern to try out because these socks was really fun to knit - its almost like knitting a self striping sock, just one more stripe ;)

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Ludwig
Yarn: Eventyr #901 and #903
Needles: 2,25 mm / US 1 and 2,5 mm / US 1.5 (for the cuffs only)
Size: 72 sts

Untitled

The gusset decreases was knitted under the foot, a type of decrease I tend to like more and more as it doesn't interrupt the pattern as much.

20170728_140013

We have been out fishing again. Still no luck catching some big fishes yet, but the boys had some fun time anyhow :)

Untitled

After we tried our luck fishing we went on a little hike to Varto a small hilltop 216 masl nearby.

20170728_155145

Untitled    Untitled

Untitled

We walked by a few horses that was trying to find some shade up among the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥