Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On the needles and between the pages

Untitled

Finally sun and warm weather (+17C) came to our part of the world. So that's why there haven't been any blogpost here - I've been soaking up sun and we've been building a plat in the garden,(photo below). There's still some left to do, so I'll take a better photo when we're done. As you can see in the photo, we still have some snow left in the mountains, but the forest is finally starting to get a hint of green! The boards you see laying on the ground is my mess,  as I try to figure out how my vegetable garden should look like ;)

But now on to knitting and reading.

Knitting: First of all, Thank you so much for all your nice comments on my Octopus Mittens!! I said that I was going to cast on the TTL Mystery Shawl. Well, that didn't happend for the same reasons as I haven't blogged ;) So I'm just going to wait until clue 2 comes on Friday and then I'll knit both clues. Still knitting on my Wingspan - and I hope I have enough yarn to make it as long as I want it...
As we spent most of the morning out i the sun, I needed something new to knit on. I found some pink cotton in my stash and asked Eirin if she would wear this top. She said yes, and I casted on. Time will tell if she will actually wear it though....

Reading: Oh, I'm so lost in the world of Dark Hunters right now... This is book 4, Kiss of the Night.
"Wulf is an ancient Viking warrior with a useful but extremely aggravating power—amnesia. No one who meets him in person can remember him 5 minutes later. It makes it easy to have one-night stands, but hard to have a meaningful relationship, and without true love he can never regain his soul.

When he finally meets Cassandra, the one woman who can remember him, she turns out to be the princess of the cursed race he's sworn to hunt—and forbidden to him. The two of them must face ancient curses, prophecies, and the direct meddling of the Greek gods to find true happiness at last."

Untitled


8 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for wanting to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather! I hope that you have several lovely days like that. I really like that gentle pink yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mystery shawl sounds fun. I've always wanted to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how the shawl turns out and I love the color of the variegated yarn that you are using, I can't wait to see the finished object. The weather looks beautiful, it has been really really hot lately where I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely... I love my wingspan, so I hope yours gets as long as you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tunic top is lovely .... hope you enjoy knitting it. As for good weather, I knit outside whenever I get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - snap! I made that top too for my daughter. I'm glad you finally have some warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess that's where our warmth has gone.... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥