Wednesday, June 13, 2012

On the needles and between the pages


 
The weeks seems to fly by here. The kids have just one week left at school before summer leave :) Looking forward to be able to sleep a little longer than 6 in the morning ;)
 
Knitting: I have finished clue #2 on the TTL Mystery Shawl. The beautiful turquoise colour is hard to capture in photos...  So far it's an easy and fun pattern to knit. Looking forward to see what the next clue looks like. The pink is the summer top I started on last week. I had to rip it and start over with smaller needles as it got to loose. It felt ok as I hadn't knitted more than I have now ;)

Reading: Taking a break from the Dark Hunters World and have started the first book in a new series by Jan Guillou - Brobyggerne (Bridgebuilders). I have just read a few pages, but I hope it is great.

When the sea took both their father and their uncle, the three boys in the small fishing village on the west coast had to travel to Bergen to try to support their family. The three young apprentices turns out to be exceptionally gifted technically and through Bergen's benefactors the brothers graduated rail and bridge builders at the University of Dresden. The plan is that they will return to Norway to help the most magnificent Norwegian engineering project ever - the construction of the railway between Oslo and Bergen. But love turns everything. One brother runs away, betrayed and ashamed, into German East Africa. The other brother fled also because of love, he ends up in London. Only Lauritz, the eldest, is returning to Norway. In gratitude for the education he joined the railway construction on Hardangervidda. In the new century the future of optimism was big. The breakthrough technique would make all wars to be extinct. Little did man know that the world faced the bloodiest and most dramatic century ever.


10 comments:

  1. I love the colors of the yarn you are currently knitting with. The book you are reading sounds good. The excerpt you included has got me interested...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of the yarns you are using..They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those two colors together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to put that book on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarns are very pretty, can't wait to see both finished objects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see that pink yarn, it makes me happy (seriously), it is such a beautiful color and I don't usually like pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors of your yarns! Both look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mystery shawl looks like it's going to be lovely. I'll be back next week to see how it's developing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shawl is looking very pretty! I hope by the time your children are on their summer break that you get some warm summer weather. I have been away for a few days so had missed your post about your daughter's 10th birthday. Belated birthday wishes to her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color of you shawl is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it all wit us a Keep Calm Craft On!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥