Friday, June 1, 2012

FO Octopus Mittens

Octopus Mittens

Love, love, love these mittens!!
The pattern, the colours and the soft feel of the yarn!

Octopus Mittens

The cuff is double and if I am to knit this pattern again (which I think I will as I would love to have a pair in pink & brown), I might knit the whole mitten double to make them really thick and warm.

Octopus Mitt
ens

Pattern: Octopus Mittens by Emily Peters
Yarn: Orange - 25 g Ripples Crafts Hand Dyed Yarns Sock Colorway Muirburn & Blue - 30 g Sandnes Garn Sisu Colorway 6733
Needles: 3 mm



Octopus Mittens

As some of you know the first mitten got a little too small for me. So I was going to give them to Eirin. But I have knitted this second mitten with a looser tension...
So the mitten on the left fits me perfect and the one on the right is too narrow and a little too short *sigh* Blocking did't help either.
And there's no way I'll knit a third mitten to see if they will match in size, so I guess Eirin and I might have to share them ;)

21 comments:

  1. Ah those look amazing!!!! I'm so jealous of your amazing color work skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg elsker fargene og mønsteret! Skikkelig vakre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Those colors are so perfect together. You're inspiring me to pull out the colorwork mittens I might've thrown across the room in frustration last winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mittens. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is, "Wow, Amazing"! I can only dream of being able to do even the simplest of color work, but never dream of pulling off a pattern such as this. Well done!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous - your photos are fantastic too! I think another pair sounds like a great plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy guacamole....those mittens are BRILLIANT!!!!
    I am in awe of your knitting abilities and your mittens will always have my jaw drop to the floor

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, I love them!! I've been wanting to knit those mittens forever but had forgotten (until now when you reminded me!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, they are finally finished! These are even more lovely that I imagined they would be, the colors are especially perfect and wonderful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Råkule! Digger fargene. Dessverre blir jeg helt tommelomsk av å strikke sånne usymmetriske mønstre, ellers skulle jeg hermet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so cool! I've always been afraid to try any kind of color work. But your mittens turned out awesome! They look super soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are awesome! i LOVE the colors you choose, they compliment the octopus design perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Utrolig stilige votter!!!! Digger alt ved de tror jeg!!! Ja til fargerik strikk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Å så fine votter, lekre farger! Jeg er skikkelig dårlig på flerfarge strikking, men jeg skal faktisk øve meg på det fremover, så jeg blir alltid misunnelig når jeg sånne vakre ting som dette :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the blue and orange. The mittens are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are too too awesome. I waaaaaannnnnntttt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is incredible! I'm speechless to describe my admiration of your work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥