Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On the needles and between the pages

On the needles and between the pages

  
Hmm, looks like there's more reading going on than knitting, 
but that's just on the photo ;)
I am knitting quite a lot as I am trying to finish the mittens by friday, so I can cast on the TTL Mystery Shawl :) I got the skein of yarn from Candy Skein today - and it's such a beautiful colour!

Knitting: Well, obviously it's the Octopus mittens on the right. I'm past the thumb on the second one, so not much left. Eirin is just waiting for me to finish them so she can have them :)
The purple/pink is my wingspan. I casted on yesterday and are halfway through the second triangle. So it's a fast and easy project to work on, perfect for tv knitting.

Reading: I finished Labyrinth last night. After a (very) slow start, the book got more exciting, but it never gave me that feeling of "I just can't put this book away". . .  I have the next book in the trilogy, Sepulchre, in my shelf, but I'm waiting a bit before I read it. And hoping it will be a bit more exciting to read ;) 
Endre and I have also finished Hugo Cabret. I think he liked it better than me, and I acyually think the movie might be better than the book . . .  We have started to read a new book before bedtime -  Ottoline and the Yellow Cat. I like this sort of books for reading out loud :) Eirin have read the two first ones and she liked them a lot. I think we have to buy the third one as Ottoline travels to Norway in it!
As I didn't start to read Sepulchre, I felt the need for a guilty pleasure book. So I picked up Fantasy Lovers by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I have read book 1 and 2 in the Dark Hunters series in norwegian, but they only translated those two books. . .  When I look on Goodreads I see that if I shoul try to follow the figures in this series I have to read two, maybe three other series at the same time as they seem to merge into each other. . . Not sure if I bother though.
Anyway, I also have a lighter book I can take with me and read everywhere without loosing the tread ;) Storm Warning by Nora Roberts.  So far it looks like it's going to be a little bit of mystery and a little bit of love. Perfect combination.
And last, a new book that came in the mail today. It's a crochet book by Tove Fevang. It's mostly potholders, but some other things too. And it's a bit of Tunisian crochet there too. I have tried Tunisian crochet, but can't say I am any good at it. So maybe I finally can learn it and at the same time I might get to use up some cotton stash ;)

Two new dishcloths


I have two FO's too today. Two bright pink dishcloths to brighten up my day :)
Pattern: 55 st. 1st row knit all st. 2nd row p1, k1.
Yarn: Løve Garn Kick Multi in two different shades of pink.
Needles: 3 mm

21 comments:

  1. I love all the reading you are doing! I really like most of Nora Roberts books, and there are a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The octopus mittens are so cute! I love the colors you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The octopus mittens are amazing! They are going to be great fun to wear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely knitting and SO many books!

    Can't wait to see the finished mittens, your colours are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The octopus mittens are awesome - can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have some really good books to read. I love the pink yarn and how it stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow - look at all those books! I hope to have time to read again one day... I love the color work on your mittens. Gorgeous... xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my -- lots of good things going on here! I love Kristen K's patterns, so I might have to join in the KAL. And great Octopus mittens!
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be eager for those octopus mitts as well. They look fantastic. I am trying to wrap things up as well for the TTL Mystery shawl. Good to know another yarn a longer is participating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those dishcloths are so pretty, no wonder they brighten your day. I'm still so sad that the mittens have given you so much trouble, they are one of my favorite things you have knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Octopus mittens!!! I admire them so much, my knitting is nowhere near that good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her var det mye spennende, både bøker og strikketøy. Octopus-vottene er så søte, har dem i favoritter på Ravelry. Jeg har også meldt meg på mysterie-sjal i juni, men et annet et. Nå klarte jeg ikke vente og har begynt på et annet sjal istedet. Får vurdere om jeg skal rekke opp igjen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a lot of knitting and a lot of reading--my two favourite things!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those octopus mittens are going to be amazing...they are SO COOL!!! As far as reading all your picks look great although I am a big Nora Roberts fan I just finished one of her book too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey those octopus mitts are looking great - the motif is very clear! Nice work!
    I just ordered some Candy Skein yarn this morning. Can't wait to see it and touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness those mittens are brilliant. No wonder your child is so anxious to have them finished. I certainly go in spurts with more time on my knitting and then more time with my reading,so I understand how that goes. Your little pink dishcloth is quite cheery also--I have several in my Rav favorites that I need to get going on--I love them so.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you have any recommendation for anyone who is learning how to color knit for the first time? They may not fit but your mittens are absolutely fabulous! I have knitting skills envy :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it must be that you might pick a pattern where you don't have to carry the yarn with you for more than 4 st or so. And that you just start with two colours.
      Like these mittens i.e.

      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/houndstooth-check-mittens

      Delete
  18. I'm totally in love with your dishcloths and those mitts? Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous mittens - Lovely colours.
    Perfect selection of reading material.
    Enjoy the stitches.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥