Wednesday, May 16, 2012

On the needles and between the pages

On the needles and between the pages

 
Knitting: The blue square in the front is the start of a Grrlfriend Market Bag. I have some cotton yarn I need to use up, so I'm going to give this bag a try and see if it is any good.
The green and pink/purple project is a baby blanket. I am knitting hats and blankets for the local hospitals preemie babies.
The skein of yarn in the back is my newest and I am looking for a shawl pattern so I can make it my next project :)

Reading: Still dreaming about a kithen garden, but so far I'm just reading about it while I look at my seeds starts to sprout indoors. Hopefully we will have some carrots, leeks and potatoes at least when fall comes ;) The other book is Sacrifise by S.J. Bolton. And it's very good! I am almost done with it and are just waiting for the plot to unveil... Endre and I are still reading The Invention of Hugo Cabre and I think he likes it just as much as I do ;)

So, what are you reading and knitting/crocheting this week?
I am going to my lys with mom and my sister a little later today. Not that I need any new yarn, but you know. . . 

13 comments:

  1. oooh i can't wait to see what shawl you decide to knit, that yarn would be pretty perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good day to me, although any day that includes a trip to the LYS is a good day. Also, you are so sweet to be knitting for charity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of you knitting for the hospital. Can't wait to see which shawl you knit

    ReplyDelete
  4. How thoughtful of you to knit things or the hospital. I sew quilts for the Lutheran World Relief, soon I'll be crocheting baby blankets for preemie babies for a local hospital.

    My WIP's are crocheted granny squares; first time making them, and amigurumi Coraline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green and red yarn makes me think of apples - very fresh!
    Can't wait to see what shawl pattern you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the market bag link, I have been wanting to knit a bunch for here. It's so nice that you are knitting for you hospital, I have a cousin that works in the nursery here and I know they can use anything they can get!
    Have a great yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm... books and yarn. Doesn't get much better than that. I loved Hugo, too. It's such a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that yarn makes me happy! Such nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely wips, can't wait to see what pattern you pick for your shawl! Oh have fun at the yarn store!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want a market bag, but don't have the patience to knit them... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always wanted to do one of these market bags but well me and DPNs aren't friends. I'm way too clumsy for those.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty projects. I love working with double pointed needles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so hard to pick shawl patterns, there's too many fabulous ones out there! Can't wait to see what you pick :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥