Wednesday, May 9, 2012

On the needles and between the pages


On the needles and between the pages

Reading: Endre and I are enjoying a couple of chapters each night before bedtime with Hugo in The Invention of Hugo Cabre. I think it's a wonderful book so far. So, those of you who have seen the movie - is it any good? I really hope so, but I often think the books are better than the movies...
The other book is The Alchemist's Daughter, which I find a little hard to get into. Hopefully it will get more exciting after a few more chapters.

Knitting & Crocheting: I'm still knitting on the jacket for the book project. The sleeves are done andI have an inch or so left on the body. The body is knitted in the round, so I must get help from mom to sew seams for sleeves and in the front. I don't dare to get a sewing machine close to it....
I have a few small projects to switch to when I get bored with the jacket. A preemie hat and circles for a new sock yarn blanket.

8 comments:

  1. I had the Invention of Hugo Cabre in my hand and sat it back and am now not happy with myself. I will be picking it up on the next trip. I never could get into the Alchemist's Daughter and finally gave up.
    Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei Hege,
    Hele familien saa filmen og synes den var flott. Min datter leste boken og selvfolgelig syntes den var bedre. Kosleig blog du har.
    Hei sa lenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the knitting and crocheting looks lovely. The colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, the yarn you picked out for the sweater is beautiful! What is it? I have to have to give it a try if i can find some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the purples with the charcoal-y greys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kos deg med både permene og pinnene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Takk for at du vil være med på lykkeutfordring, så fikk jeg anledning til å oppdage den flotte bloggen dein. God Helg ønskes:-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥