Friday, May 25, 2012

FO's - Market bag, blanket and a hat

It feels like all of my projects have been stuck on the needles lately... But I have a few fo's to show you today.
You can read about more FO's here on FO Friday :)

Grrlfriend Market Bag

When I went through my stash last weekend I found out that  have A LOT of cotton... And I can't make dishcloths woth all of it, so I browsed through some market bag patterns on Ravelry and found one I liked.

Pattern: Grrlfriend Market Bag
Yarn: 100 g Tuva # 600 and 25 g Mandarin Petit # 6200
Needles: 3,5 and 5 mm
Moderations: I decreased until I had 116 st. Made 12 rows of  garter stitch before I knitted the handle.

Preemie blanket for the local hospital

In Norway we have a project called The Amanda Project - stitches with meaning! We knit for preemie babies at our local hospitals. I have some babywool in my stash, so I hope to knit 5 blankets and 10-15 hats. I have the first blanket and hat off the needles :)


Pattern: My own. 100 st.
Yarn: 81 g Spunky Eclectic Super Nova # Rubber Grapes
Needles: 3 mm
Preemie hat for the local hospital


Pattern: My own
Yarn: Candy Skein Yummy Fingering Superwash Sock # Blackberry
Needles: 3 mm

10 comments:

  1. It looks like you've been busy. I like the colours in that baby hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very nice market bag. I like that the main part of it is mesh. Hmmm, I might have to queue that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you knit such lovely things! The Amanda Project sounds like a wonderful way to give service to families with premies. So good that you can participate in it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finished objects as always, I love the patterns you pick out. The bag turned out particularly well, I'm sure you will find all sorts of great uses for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bag! And I love the Candyskein that you used! Congrats on getting so many projects finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Hege--the baby items are so pretty and soft looking; such a lucky baby to receive them. We have a charity event that happens here called "The Period of Purple Crying" which seeks to educate parents about the period in a baby's life where they cry more than any other time, and has in the past been called colic, a term that seems to be a catchall term for a normal developmental stage in a newborn. That crying can be so intense and trying to young tired overwhelmed new parents and shaken babies often occur during this time. We knit purple infant hats to give to the hospitals to give to parents and babies to remind them that this crying does not mean something is wrong with their baby.I am hoping to join in this year---and then there is the charity blanket I have forever been working on to give to the local organization that takes care of drug addicted newborns. It feels good to get behind something, doesn't it?

    On a lighter note, that market bag is too pretty to use! You always do such great work---
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kjempefint handlenett! Utrolig fin blogg du har og mye fint du har laget! Legger meg til som følger og trekker inn litt inspirasjon! ;-)

    Ha en fin dag videre! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your market bag - the colour is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥