Wednesday, April 15, 2015

On The Needles :: Rib Fantastic & Saga Eskimo

Untitled

Knitting: Two pairs of socks has been done since last time I had a One The Needles post. First was the Arne & Carlos socks for Hubby and yesterday I finished my son's Biohazard socks. A blog post will come later this week. So with those off the needles I had to cast on a new pair ;) I made Endre choose a skein in my stash and he picked a skein from Fyberspates that I have been saving for years. It looked SO much prettier in the skein than knit up... It's a very busy yarn, so I searched for a pattern and ended up with one from one of my books - Rib Fantastic. Not super happy about how the yarn and the pattern are knitting up, but I think I will knit a bit more before I decide to knit or frog...

I am also knitting on Eirin's kofte (cardigan). I hoped to finish it during Easter, but obviously that didn't happend... I have devided for sleeves and it should be a fast knit as the body is knitted in just the main colour. So hopefully I will have it done sometime next week, we'll see ;) I made her try it on the other day before she went to school, and luckily it fits her (photo below).

Drinking: Today is a strong black tea kind of day, so I am drinking Lipton's Yellow Label.

Reading: I have been reading in this brick of a book since the beginning of December last year... And now I am finally at the end with just one last chapter. Just in time for the new season of the Game of Thrones series :) I know the first episode was out on Monday, but Hubby and I are going to watch it this weekend :) And what a book it has been! Can't wait to read the next one.
In the aftermath of a colossal battle, Daenerys Targaryen rules with her three dragons as queen of a city built on dust and death. But Daenerys has thousands of enemies, and many have set out to find her. Fleeing from Westeros with a price on his head, Tyrion Lannister, too, is making his way east--with new allies who may not be the ragtag band they seem. And in the frozen north, Jon Snow confronts creatures from beyond the Wall of ice and stone, and powerful foes from within the Night's Watch. In a time of rising restlessness, the tides of destiny and politics lead a grand cast of outlaws and priests, soldiers and skinchangers, nobles and slaves, to the greatest dance of all. - From Goodreads -
What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny and Nicole

Untitled


IMG_20150415_095348


20150413_070815

10 comments:

  1. I like how the socks are turning out and the sweater is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you called your book a brick :) fantastic knitting and I hope you enjoy the season of Game of Thrones, I haven't watched it as of yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for finishing the brick! I also found them to be fairly brick-like, although I enjoyed them a lot. Can't wait until next Monday for another episode. :) Watch out for spoilers. The first four episodes have been leaked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that sock pattern looks crazy! Very intricate and beautiful knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colourwork on that yoke :) I like the sock pattern you're using but I can see what you mean about the yarn. Maybe it would look different on a foot? It's such a busy colourway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colorwork yoke is like magic armor where when you put it on, you'll have superhero abilities. I like the mix of colors in that sock yarn. I think from what you have so far, it works with the pattern.
    My knitting mojo has waned. I've been immersed in PTA Excel. I did finish my little sister's beanie. Goons make the little one be my model. As for reading, I am trying out Susanna Kearsley, her book, The Shadowy Horses, Kindle version. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that sweater! So gorgeous. What a lucky girl to have a mama knit such beautiful things. :) I am working on a pair of socks, and this time I am determined to figure out a method to make it fit to my liking! I can see your concern regarding the socks above-the pattern gets a bit lost in the busyness, doesn't it? I hope Spring is happening for you up in your neck of the woods--it has been a long winter for so many people--while here in Seattle we are facing a drought kind of winter with water rationing for sure coming this summer.
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jumper is beautiful! You might find you like the socks more when you've got a bit more done...I hope you can find the love for them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the socks, I quite like the blue ones, especially for a boy. The yoke on your sweater is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥