Wednesday, April 1, 2015

On The Needles :: Saga Eskimo

Untitled

Knitting: I have been wanting to knit Eirin a cardigan for a while now, but she is in that age where everything I suggest is stupid... But when I showed her Saga Eskimo from Kofteboken (a norwegian knitbook with new designs on old jackets or kofter as we call them) she nodded and agreed that it would be a nice jacket for her. But not with yellow and it had to be in a yarn that didn't itch... So when I found out that Sandnes Garn was about to discontinue the yarn Duo, which is a cotton and merino blend, I searched the net for a sale and found a shop that had it for half price :) She picked out a purple instead of yellow and now I am just crossing my fingers and hoping she will like it when it's done.

Drinking: Today I am having a cup of one of my go to teas - Blackcurrant tea from Twinings.

Reading: I picked up a stack of books at the library last week, and one of them was Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman. It was one of those books where the cover drew me in, but as I started reading, the story had me after a couple of pages too!! So I will have to check out her first book too - Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.
Teddi Overman found her life’s passion for furniture in a broken-down chair left on the side of the road in rural Kentucky. She learns to turn other people’s castoffs into beautifully restored antiques, and eventually finds a way to open her own shop in Charleston. There, Teddi builds a life for herself as unexpected and quirky as the customers who visit her shop. Though Teddi is surrounded by remarkable friends and finds love in the most surprising way, nothing can alleviate the haunting uncertainty she’s felt in the years since her brother Josh’s mysterious disappearance. When signs emerge that Josh might still be alive, Teddi is drawn home to Kentucky. It’s a journey that could help her come to terms with her shattered family—and to find herself at last. But first she must decide what to let go of and what to keep. - From Goodreads -


What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny and Nicole

Untitled

12 comments:

  1. nice color choice! i'm sure this one is going to be a winner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! This looks like it will be fantastic when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kofta ser jo ut til å bli kjempefin. Flott fargekombinasjon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nydelig kofte, den får vi håpe hun vil bruke. God påske til deg og dine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of the nicest sweaters I have seen in a long time. My problem with handknits for my children is that they are at the stage where every time I turn around they have grown an inch or two and the projects I have worked so hard on don't fit by the time I am finished...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful color combination! I am sure it will be worn and cherished once it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that yoke, looking forward to seeing how it progresses:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, that is going to be a wonderful sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had already added that book to my TBR list probably because I saw you reading it on Goodreads earlier. I love the purple, white, and great together. The colorwork will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any young girl should love these colors and style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a gorgeous sweater. And it looks like you are comfortable with steaking! To me, that's the sign of a great knitter. I am nowhere near that point!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous start, the purple is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥