Tuesday, March 31, 2015

FO :: Stripy Socks for Hubby

Untitled

Hubby's socks are off the needles :)
I loved knitting on these - the colours are so bright and cheerful and the stripes matched perfectly!
So it's sad it's a discontinued yarn :(  So if you find it in a yarn store - buy it and knit some socks! I am definiely going to buy more from Love Knitting if they have more of it next time I decide to spend some money on sockyarn.

Ravelry project page
Pattern: 68 sts, 2x2 ribbing, cuff down with a slip stitch heel.
Yarn: 77 g Design Line Ombre Stripe by Regia #4484 Moos Garden
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Hubby
Size: European 42

Untitled



Untitled

And of course there is some new socks on my needles ;)
I just couldn't go by when I found the sock yarn designed by Arne & Carlos in one of my local yarn stores the other day...
But I only bought the two prettiest colourways - enough for one pair for hubby and one for me :)

4 comments:

  1. My dream is to knit socks up as quickly as you! You are in sock heaven right now. I just recently discovered Arne and Carlos! They are so talented and such a hoot. I see from their facebook page they are in Peru right now.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, I haven't always been knitting socks this fast..
      I still remember when I started knitting socks and I hated the heels - until I found the ones I liked.
      So I think with socks it comes down to finding the right method for you and then it will go super smooth and fast :)
      And yes, Arne & Carlos are cool! Love their designs, but it seems like they are giving up knitting for a while :(

      Delete
  2. Oh, in so tempted to vast on socks because of you and a few others.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥