Thursday, March 5, 2015

FO :: Egyptian Socks

Untitled

One of the February challenges in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry was to knit an underappreciated pattern, which meant it had to be less than 15 finished projects. So I looked through some of my sock patterns and decided to knit these Egyptian socks.
Not super happy about how they turned out, but they are wearable ;)

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Egyptian Socks by Madeline Weston from Country Weekend Socks
Yarn: Sisu 87 g #6027 Medium Blue and 39 g #317 White
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Me
Modifications: I made the leg a little bit shorther by omitting a few rows of blue here and there.



Untitled

12 comments:

  1. You may not be so happy with them, but I think they're absolutely gorgeous!! I hope you grow to love them more than you do <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they turned out really great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They've turned out really nicely, I like the zigzagging sections

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I don't see them as Egyptian themed, I do think they're bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They might not be the first thing you think about when you hear that they are Egyptian.
      But if you google Egyptian socks, you'll fin that they made socks with pattern like this in old Egypt :)

      https://www.google.no/search?q=egyptian+socks&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=wjD8VI3aL8ThywP1wIDYBA&ved=0CDYQ7Ak&biw=1455&bih=705

      Delete
  5. These socks look really nice, lovely color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are you not happy with? They are gorgeous to look at. How do they fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the pattern and the colours, but they came out a little bit snug for me up the leg...
      But I guess they will get a bit looser when they have been worn a bit ;)

      Delete
  7. Asa always, your socks are amazing. My goal this year is to perfect my sock knitting to where get a sock that fits my foot. I took a class this week from Cat Bordhi which was so helpful with tips and giving permission so to speak to tweak a pattern to get it to fit. Someday I hope to make color work socks, but for now will settle for self striping yarns!
    xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must agree with several others, those are fabulous socks. What do you feel doesn't work?

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥