Wednesday, March 18, 2015

On the Needles :: More Waffles

Untitled

Knitting: Seems like I am only knitting socks these days... And I guess I am. It's something calm and soothing about having a pair of socks on the needles. This is another pair of Blueberry Waffle socks - a great pattern if you want to have a mindless knit, but want to knit something else than a rib.

Drinking: A new favorite tea - Raspberry Rendezvous.

Reading: In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner. I really like this book, and the fact that it's based on a true story, just makes it better!
For seven-year-old Raami, the shattering end of childhood begins with the footsteps of her father returning home in the early dawn hours bringing details of the civil war that has overwhelmed the streets of Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s capital. Soon the family’s world of carefully guarded royal privilege is swept up in the chaos of revolution and forced exodus.Over the next four years, as she endures the deaths of family members, starvation, and brutal forced labor, Raami clings to the only remaining vestige of childhood—the mythical legends and poems told to her by her father. In a climate of systematic violence where memory is sickness and justification for execution, Raami fights for her improbable survival. - From Goodreads -

What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny and Nicole

12 comments:

  1. Love those socks. I think I am going to give them a try. I haven't knit many socks before, but those look nice.

    I am reading Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie. I do love a good mystery. I love the idea of reading around the world, and although your book looks very good, I think it might be too intense for me right now.

    Now, if I could just knit and read at the same time, like would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are gorgeous! Such a pretty pattern and I love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely socks on the needles, so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fresh color way on the socks- they look cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't beat socks for a nice, portable, knit......and that color!!! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am of the mindset that it's always wise to have a sock on needles no matter what else is also being knit. Sock knitting to me is the best.
    Oh, and thank you for the tea recommendation, I will be giving it a try. I have been drinking chai all winter, but now it's time for something
    a little lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really have to knit a pair of waffle socks. They look so comfortable and the pattern looks easy to memorize! I will have to try that tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Tracy, I like to have a pair of socks on the go all the time too. They're just so portable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love knitting socks! love the yarn you are using, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the coloring of your sock yarn. The waffle stitch is comforting to the eye. I've downloaded a new, British mystery that was a GR rec. I was in the mood to read a real mystery. As for knitting, I had to frog half a beanie and redo the striping section today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely socks you're knitting. I downloaded the blueberry waffle stitch pattern and I'm looking forward to making a pair of socks for myself. But first I need to finish the scarf that's on my needles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep thinking about going back to making socks and looking at other beautiful socks that people are making is so inspiring!
    The tea must smell heavenly!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥