Wednesday, March 25, 2015

On the Needles :: Moos Garden Selfstriping Socks

Untitled

Knitting: A pair of selfstriping socks for Hubby, knitted two at the time my way. I love how this yarn knit up and the colours are so bright and cheerful - makes it a fun project to knit on :) The yarn is Regia Ombre Stripe designed by Kaffe Fassett. I bought it from Love Knitting and I need to check if they have other colourways next time I decide to order some sock yarn.

Drinking: I stumbled over a norwegian teaclub a little while ago an decided to try them out. Yesterday my first package arrived and today I am trying out their Solnedgang (Sunset) tea. It's black tea flavoured with red orange.

Reading: I like a good crime novel and a good dystopian novel. So what can be better than a novel with both?? The Healer by Antti Tuomainen is a finnish book, but it is translated to several languages, and I must say it is very good! I do hope for a happy ending...

It’s two days before Christmas and Helsinki is battling a ruthless climate catastrophe: subway tunnels are flooded; abandoned vehicles are left burning in the streets; the authorities have issued warnings about malaria, tuberculosis, Ebola, and the plague. People are fleeing to the far north of Finland and Norway where conditions are still tolerable. Social order is crumbling and private security firms have undermined the police force. Tapani Lehtinen, a struggling poet, is among the few still able and willing to live in the city.

When Tapani’s beloved wife, Johanna, a newspaper journalist, goes missing, he embarks on a frantic hunt for her. Johanna’s disappearance seems to be connected to a story she was researching about a politically motivated serial killer known as “The Healer.” Desperate to find Johanna, Tapani’s search leads him to uncover secrets from her past. Secrets that connect her to the very murders she was investigating... - From Goodreads -

Untitled

I have also finnished the socks I was knitting on last week. I like the colour, but the purple stripe above the heel on the left one irritates me a little bit.. Without it they would have looked a little more matching.

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Blueberry Waffle Socks (free pattern)
Yarn: 70 g  Pink #8851 Design Line Hand-dye Effect by Kaffe Fassett
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1.5
Made for: ??
Size: 64 sts, european 39/40



What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny and Nicole

10 comments:

  1. I am reading The Testimony of the Hanged Man (love mysteries!) and listening to The Hundred Foot Journey.

    I just received some new yarn from Love Knitting (thanks for the discount code!) and once I have finished the never-ending blanket, I will cast on the Here and There hat and some new socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could use the discount code!

      Delete
  2. I love self striping yarn, such a dramatic look with no effort!
    I will have to check out your book for my son, a good crime, dystopian novel is the genre he loves so thank you for the
    recommendation .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those self striping socks, gorgeous colours.

    Your Blueberry Waffle socks look great, I like the yarn you've used for them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the finished socks and the self striping ones on your needles! You always have really pretty projects going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sock yarn that is for your hubby! and your finished socks look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You husband better love you :) I have yarn to make my hubby socks but I am a selfish knitter and keep casting on projects for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color way on both socks, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Selvstripete kan være gøy! Fine farger du har gående nå.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colorway of the first socks makes me think of the ocean full of turtles and kelp.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥