Friday, April 17, 2015

FO :: Biohazard Socks

Biohazard Socks

I'm so lucky that all of my kids likes to wear woolsocks. And even though my oldest son now have bigger feet than his dad, I seem to knit him a lot of socks ;) I have a lot of orange Sisu in my stash and I searched for a stranded sock pattern I could use it for. I found this and it I just had to make a pair for my son. We all know teenage boys' feets can smell a bit now and then, so a pair with the biohazard symbol on seemed appropriate ;)
In the pattern you was supposed to repeat the chart two times for the leg. But I only did it once or the leg would have been much too long. I think my row gauge is off because I knitted them on bigger needles to make sure they didn't get too snug around the heel. The bright orange is more accurate on the photos below.

Biohazard Socks

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Biohazard Socks (free pattern)
Yarn: Sisu orange #3308 and Silja black #301
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5 for ribbing and 2,75 mm / US 2 for the rest of the sock
Made for: Erlend
Size: European 42



Biohazard Socks


Biohazard Socks

9 comments:

  1. WOW, these are AMAZING!!! Probably the most interesting colorwork socks I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those socks are just meant for a boy! They look fantastic and so sturdy. Lucky boy!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific job as always, Hege. How fun to show those off. Girls have stinky piggies too. I can attest to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool socks!!! Really love the design and colors you used ~ enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥