I'm so lucky that all of my kids likes to wear woolsocks. And even though my oldest son now have bigger feet than his dad, I seem to knit him a lot of socks ;) I have a lot of orange Sisu in my stash and I searched for a stranded sock pattern I could use it for. I found this and it I just had to make a pair for my son. We all know teenage boys' feets can smell a bit now and then, so a pair with the biohazard symbol on seemed appropriate ;)
In the pattern you was supposed to repeat the chart two times for the leg. But I only did it once or the leg would have been much too long. I think my row gauge is off because I knitted them on bigger needles to make sure they didn't get too snug around the heel. The bright orange is more accurate on the photos below.
Ravelry project page
Pattern: Biohazard Socks (free pattern)
Yarn: Sisu orange #3308 and Silja black #301
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5 for ribbing and 2,75 mm / US 2 for the rest of the sock
Made for: Erlend
Size: European 42




WOW, these are AMAZING!!! Probably the most interesting colorwork socks I've seen!
ReplyDeleteThese are fab! Lucky boy :)
ReplyDeletefantastiske! Hihi!
ReplyDeleteNow those socks are just meant for a boy! They look fantastic and so sturdy. Lucky boy!
ReplyDeletexoxox
Terrific job as always, Hege. How fun to show those off. Girls have stinky piggies too. I can attest to that.
ReplyDeletevery cool!
ReplyDeletethese are cool
ReplyDeleteLove the socks!
ReplyDeleteSuper cool socks!!! Really love the design and colors you used ~ enjoy :)
ReplyDelete