Thursday, May 21, 2015

FO :: Another Rye

Untitled


About a month ago I decided to cast on a pair of socks with a skein of yarn I had saved in my stash for years. It looked beautiful in the skein, but it turned out to be hevily varigated... So finding a pattern was not easy. I first casted on the Rib Fantastic Socks, but I ripped back to the cuff after knitting halfway down the leg. The pattern got lost in the yarn. Then I decided to try the Rye pattern. And it worked :) This is my 7th pair of Rye socks and I still like the pattern. It's mindless, but with a little variation so it doesn't get boring.

Untitled


Ravelry project page
Pattern: Rye (free pattern). 64 sts and garter over 20 sts
Yarn: 64 g Superwash BFL Sock Yarn by Fyberspates #Hippy
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: ??
Size: European size 39



Untitled


2 comments:

  1. These are like a mix of cherry and blue raspberry Icee! Every time I see your sock projects I itch to cast on one. Haven't had time to knit with the move coming up but trying to make time for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea! The yarn is beautiful, and the pattern perfect. I have some yarn like that...started numerous times but it just doesn't work with the pattern. I'll have to remember that pattern in Ravelry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥