Friday, December 18, 2015

FO :: Gloves & Mittens

Mittens

Two more gifts are off the needles and I found a pair of mittens I have forgotten to blog about.

Gloves

Despite I will have to knit 10 fingers, I really have to knit a pair for myself soon.
But when I just started and set my mind to it, the fingers was knit up pretty fast.

Ravelry project page
Pattern: 13. Herrevante / Man's gloves
Yarn: 65 g Silja black and 42 g Sisu white
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5 and 3 mm / US 2,5



Gloves

I have made a little mistake on of the fingers on the left glove.. Can you see it?

Mittens

I think this must be my favorite pattern from the booklet Selbustrikk. This is the 4th pair I have knitted and still none for me... So I guess I'll have to make myself a pair of these too ;)

Ravelry project page
Pattern: 8. Damevott / Woman's mitten
Yarn: 29 g Senjagarn black and 29 g Sisu white
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5 and 3 mm / US 2,5



Mittens


Mittens

I got this as a pattern and yarn kit for my birthday a few years ago and knitted them back in August. I never got around to blog about them. The reason for that is that I didn't lie them when they were done.. As you might see, they are not the same size. The rigt mitten is much snugger and I can feel it quite well when I put them on. I have knitted them with the same needles, but the tension must have changed..
So now when I knit mittens I knit them simultaneous. Not on magic loop, but on two sets on dpns. I knit both cuffs, then both thumb increase, both hand and finally the decrease. That way I manage to keep the tension the same on both.
But I'll start using them and see if the snug mitten will grow a bit when it get wet in the snow and so on..

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Kristin's Lyre Flower Mittens/Kristins Løytnantshjerter Votter
Yarn: Finullgarn 45 g white and 24 g red
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5



Mittens

3 comments:

  1. These are all mind-blowing, especially the gloves! Exquisite work! For me stranded knitting is very difficult, and knitting two at a time, with different sets of needles and balls of yarn - you are a master! I would make a royal mess of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colourwork mittens so much. The gloves look super cosy too. I can't see any mistakes in those fingers, they look perfect to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow WOW! So beautiful, I am always amazed by how beautiful your knitting is. Inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥