Thursday, December 31, 2015
Last FO this year and some plans for next
My last finished object this year is a pair of socks for me. They are knitted in Opal Best Friends and I just love the colours. And I think I have another ball of this yarn, so there might be another pair in the future.
Ravelry project page
Pattern: 64 sts cuff down, short row heel
Yarn: 68 g Opal Best Friends #8863
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Me
I have decided to knit down my stash next year and have already picked out a skein I have been saving since august 2009... Love the colours in it and it's time to knit it up! Not sure, but I think I'll use it for a cowl or a shawl. Just need to find the right pattern...
Other plans is to finish the Saga Eskimo kofte. I have half a buttonband and the neckband left, so it should just take a few hours. I have also bought yarn for a jacket for Endre. I have yarn for a jacket or kofte for me, but haven't decided which pattern yet. There is so many to choose from. But I know I'll knit a couple of sweaters or kofter for myself next year.
And of course there will be knitted socks ;) I'll try to keep up with the kals in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group. January starts with stranded knitted patterns, so I can dig out some leftovers and those single balls of yarn and make some socks. I also plan to knit more mittens. I got the mittenbook - Den Store Votteboka for christmas and there is coming a new norwegian mitten book - Votter out in January as well :) The mittens on the front page of Votter is so beautiful, I just know I'l have to cast them on the minut I get the book!
So, what have I made this year..
- 33 pairs of socks
- 11 pairs of mittens
- 5 hats
- 5 sweaters/jackets
- 3 thights
- 2 pairs of potholders
- 1 shawl
- Julekuler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What kind of heel do you do for your socks? And is there a pattern? I am trying thick knitting, but I just knit up one sock with some yarn I got for Christmas, and I don't like how it turned out. I was looking for a pattern like the one you have used here. Thanks and Happy New Year! May it bring happiness to you and your family, as well as lots of knitting!
ReplyDeleteIt's a short row heel. I learned it from the rpm socks i knitted years ago.
Deletehttp://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rpm
And happy new year to you too!!
Thanks, I'm off to have a look on Ravelry....
ReplyDeleteHow did you get all of that done? Man, you are a productive knitter!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year to you and your family 😊
ReplyDelete