Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last FO this year and some plans for next

2015-12-31_03-37-08

My last finished object this year is a pair of socks for me. They are knitted in Opal Best Friends and I just love the colours. And I think I have another ball of this yarn, so there might be another pair in the future.

Ravelry project page
Pattern: 64 sts cuff down, short row heel
Yarn: 68 g Opal Best Friends #8863
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Me


2015-12-31_03-34-44

I have decided to knit down my stash next year and have already picked out a skein I have been saving since august 2009... Love the colours in it and it's time to knit it up! Not sure, but I think I'll use it for a cowl or a shawl. Just need to find the right pattern...

2015-12-31_03-34-23

Other plans is to finish the Saga Eskimo kofte. I have half a buttonband and the neckband left, so it should just take a few hours. I have also bought yarn for a jacket for Endre. I have yarn for a jacket or kofte for me, but haven't decided which pattern yet. There is so many to choose from. But I know I'll knit a couple of sweaters or kofter for myself next year.
And of course there will be knitted socks ;) I'll try to keep up with the kals in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group. January starts with stranded knitted patterns, so I can dig out some leftovers and those single balls of yarn and make some socks. I also plan to knit more mittens. I got the mittenbook - Den Store Votteboka for christmas and there is coming a new norwegian mitten book - Votter out in January as well :) The mittens on the front page of Votter is so beautiful, I just know I'l have to cast them on the minut I get the book!

So, what have I made this year..

- 33 pairs of socks
- 11 pairs of mittens
- 5 hats
- 5 sweaters/jackets
- 3 thights
- 2 pairs of potholders
- 1 shawl
- Julekuler

5 comments:

  1. What kind of heel do you do for your socks? And is there a pattern? I am trying thick knitting, but I just knit up one sock with some yarn I got for Christmas, and I don't like how it turned out. I was looking for a pattern like the one you have used here. Thanks and Happy New Year! May it bring happiness to you and your family, as well as lots of knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a short row heel. I learned it from the rpm socks i knitted years ago.
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rpm
      And happy new year to you too!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I'm off to have a look on Ravelry....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get all of that done? Man, you are a productive knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year to you and your family 😊

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥