Wednesday, July 6, 2016

On The Needles :: Glittery Socks

IMG_20160706_173457

What are you knitting and reading this week?
I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along and Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm and Craft On.

Knitting: A pair of vanilla socks is always great to have on the needles, and this week a pair of glitter yarn from opal has been fun to knit on :) I have found yarn for my next pair of socks. I have not knitted with arwetta, so I am eager to find out how it knits up. Not sure which pattern to pick yet, but I really want to make a pair of Matrim's Fox Socks.

Reading: I am still reading my way through The Fiery Cross, but have also picked up The Story of a New Name, the second book in the Neapolitan Novels. I think it's a great series so far and are looking forward to the next books.
The Story of a New Name is an extraordinary novel about two young women, Lila and Elena, growing up in Naples in the early 1960s. At sixteen Lila marries the shopkeeper Stefano. She is filled with pleasure at her new wealth, and horror at the life she has chosen.

Elena's own attempts at romance seem to be sabotaged by Lila's turbulent affairs. As she tries to plot her way out of poverty via academic and literary success, her constant anxiety is that she is just a shadow of the brilliant Lila.

The sequel to My Brilliant Friend, The Story of a New Name continues the enthralling chronicle of a friendship that is obsessive, loving, complicated, hurtful, enduring and constantly startling. It is an exhilarating reading experience. - from Goodreads-

4 comments:

  1. I read My Brilliant Friend a couple of months ago and forgot it was a series. I just downloaded The Story of a New Name. Thanks for the reminder! Oh, and your socks are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sock knitting machine! So pretty. I wish I could knit as fast as you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh sparkly socks how nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fab, lovely colours and sparkles

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥