Monday, July 7, 2008

Little Blossom

Little Blossom

I started knitting on her in April and she has just missed her eyes, ears and trunk. So today I finally got myself together and finished her. I'm not that pleased with her, I do think she remind me more of a mole (whitout the ears...) But beauty comes from the inside and Eirin loves her, so I'm not going to change her in any way. I did knit the trunk a couple of times though.

Little Blossom

I droped the flowerchain around her head, the bow on the back of her skirt and the flower she should hold in her trunk. Eirin didn't want the flowers and I'm just happy to have less small thing to knit and assemble ;) The eyes are two buttons. I tried to sew the eyes with chain stitch.... But that's not something I'm good at.

Pattern: Little Blossom by Alan Dart from Iresistible Gifts to Knit (Ravel it)
Yarn: Sara pelsgarn for the body, Karisma for the skirt and Mor Aase for the knickers.
Needles: 3 mm
Little Blossom

She really is loved and got in the play with the others after the photos where taken ;)

12 comments:

  1. Jeg syns nå den var søt,da. Er nok enig med Eirin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her! It looks like Eirin is having fun with her. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She really is cute and I can see why your daughter loves her. I love the clothes you made for her too. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is so cute. From the sideways photo she looks a little like a poodle and still super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable. Like my favorite part from Dumbo - she needs a skating partner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that she is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very adorable and Eirin looks very happy to have her! I think you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Little Blossom! Since I don't know what it should look like, I think she's perfect! :o) She reminds me of a mole too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute elephant! And a cuter lil girl! :) The top you made her finishes it off perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Blossom is darling too. Alan Dart's patterns are always neat looking, but a lot of them aren't "cuddly" for kids it seems to me. Blossom is! Maybe she's like the Velveteen Rabbit and is more special because Eirin loves her.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥