Saturday, October 4, 2008

Socktober fest


It is October and that means I'm all ready for socktober fest :) You can join it on Socktoberfest Flickr group or Socktoberfest Ravelry.
I have two pair of socks on my needles and I hope to knit up a few more. And I have joined the TTL Mystery Sock by Kirsten Kapur from Through the loops. She'll be posting new instructions each wednesday. Ravelry link.

garter rib sock

Garter rib socks.
socks for my sister

Socks for my sister.

needles

And I have been so lucky that I won these Knit Picks Harmony straight needles 4mm from Monica over at Smoking Hot Needles :) They looks like candy. I actually received them last weekend, but things has been busy around here... And the little guy underneath is a reason for that.

sick

He has been having a little cold, but on Wednesday he had trouble breathing and we ended up at the casualty clinic. The doctor just had to look at him and told us he had asthma. Because of his allergy and atopic skin he is more susceptible for asthma... So we have had some days to let this sink in and getting used to the inhaler. It is not easy for a 3 year old to understand that the inhaler make him breath better, but he is starting to accept it.

IMG_3415

12 comments:

  1. Oh, the poor guy! I wish him all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor little guy! And poor mama, this must be hard on you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flotte sokker og pinner, og god bedring til lillemannen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little man. Lizzy has asthma too. We have the exact same inhaler, with the teddy bear on it and everything. It's tough. She's much better this year with her treatments than she was last year because she remembers that it doesn't hurt her. I'm so sorry, that's never a fun diagnosis. Very nice socks! You are such an amazing knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Du lagar mykje fint! Trist å måtte gå laus på astmamedisin og alt det styret, men det vil jo bli ei god hjelp.
    Takk for helsing i bloggen min:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, hege. so sorry about your little guy.
    i have had asthma all of my life. and have that same inhaler, now.

    happy sock month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Håper det går bra med veslegutten, ikke noe kjekt når ungene blir syke.

    Fine sokker du strikker, og pinnene var jo kjempelekre. Klumpen min hadde nok likt dem også, men ikke fordi han strikker.... *fnis*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's gotta be hard for you all - hang in there! And I love your socks...I've been itching to knit some socks lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for your little boy. One of the things I don't like of having children is all the worries you have about them.
    I hope he is feeling better soon.

    Also good luck on your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a scary thing to happen with Eirin. It's especially hard when they're so little and don't understand what's happening. I had asthma as a child but didn't ever have an inhaler. Pine trees would really set me off, and my family loved to camp...not a good combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great socks. Poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor guy! My son has atopic skin and catches bronchitis very easily (had like 7 of them last year.) I am still hoping that it doesn't turn out to be asthma...

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥