Saturday, December 5, 2009

Advent::Day five






"Go for a spark ride"






DSCN2025


When I was a child the spark was in use almost the whole winter. It seems we had more snow and less ice on the roads then... So with some ice on the road we just had to take out our sparks and go for a ride today :) Usually they sand the road, but its part snow part ice here now, so it's not that slippery. But perfect surface for spark rides :)

DSCN2026


DSCN2027

But it was a cold ride. With -12 C and dry weather Endre had to wear his "Jonas mask" because of his asthma. It has a filter that warms up the air before he inhales it.

DSCN2029


DSCN2028

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I'd never heard of a spark before! That looks like so much fun- I really want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun, as long as you're really bundled up! Your Advent posts are great. I have my cookie cutters out, but I haven't baked a cookie or put up a decoration yet...maybe tomorrow since it's St. Nicholas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I like Kate had never heard of a spark before and agree that it looks like tons of fun. We get snow here, but they plow and salt the road right after a storm. It would be difficult to use one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...we don't get snow like that here....looks like a lot of fun. xx

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥