Friday, September 10, 2010

McCafferty

DSCN4032

I was so lucky that I could test knit this shawl for Lily :)
It's a beautiful pattern, easy and fast to knit. Just make sure you read the whole pattern befor you start knitting. I didn't, and felt a little dumb for a moment - totally missing that there was some short rows in the lace border... To my defence the kids was down with a fever and sore throat one by one, so my mind wasn't tuned in for knitting I guess ;)

DSCN4034

It's hard to capture red in pictures... But it's a bit darker than these pictures. And I haven't blocked it because I don't have enough pins ;) I'm going to wear it around by neck, so I don't know if I bother either. Kinda like the way it curls ;)


DSCN4025

Pattern: McCafferty.
Yarn: 148 g Baby Ull from Gjestal red  #823.
Needles: 4,5 mm.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiully done! Love the color. Great for autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! And my favorite color...I do like the curls too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nydelig sjal i en herlig rødfarge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! And the color is great... I think I know what you mean. Every photo is a bit different...dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nydelig farge på sjalet/skjerfet ditt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kjempefint! Og flott farge. Du kledde det kjempegodt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so pretty! My camera doesn't do well with reds either. I think you got some very nice pictures though. It's a gorgeous scarf!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥