Thursday, October 27, 2011

Socks for Hubby


I bought a skein of Candy Skein's October yarn with Hubby in my thoughts. He needs some new socks and I really hope this yarn will be durable so he doesn't wear holes in them...

Pattern: 68 st, cuff down with a short row heel.
Yarn: 73 g Candy Skein Yummy Fingering Superwash Sock, Colourway Halloween Treats
Needles: 2,5 mm



I first used this yarn back in 2008 and knitted Hubby a pair of toe-up socks. But they never fitted him well… The heel got too big and the bind off too loose... So a while ago I desided to frog them and make him a new pair. This time from the cuff down and with black for the heel and toes to be sure I had enough yarn.
I guess one have to be pretty stupid to frog an old sock, but I guess it’s the love. Whether it’s for knitting or Hubby... I guess it have to be both ;)

Pattern: 64 st for the cuff and 68 for the foot.
Yarn: 100 g Regia Jacquard #5268 and some black Regia left over from these socks.
Needles: 2,5 mm

4 comments:

  1. Great socks. I really like that second pair...good choice to re-use the yarn! I enjoy watching to see what project(s) you have coming off your needles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the October yarn! That is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rett og slett stilige de øverste sokkene. Det var et litt stramt og mandig uttrykk over dem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Ahhh, love ;-) The socks are amazing - really. How long did it take to make the striped one the 2nd time around? The top pair are very festive...perfect for Autumn.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥