Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday


Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Knitting: Well, since last time there haven't been much knitting at all...  I have managed to knit a few rows on the jacket and I have started on a pair of gloves for Erlend as he actually asked me if I could knit a pair for him! The stripes of colour in the back is a pair of socks for hubby.

Reading: I'm still reading The Little Vampire for the kids and we have just a couple of chapters left before we start the second book :) I'm reading three books at the moment.
Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. I've just read a little bit, but it's already quite exciting so I'm eager to find out how it'll end.
Aging, self-absorbed rock star Judas Coyne has a thing for the macabre -- his collection includes sketches from infamous serial killer John Wayne Gacy, a trepanned skull from the 16th century, a used hangman's noose, Aleister Crowley's childhood chessboard, etc. -- so when his assistant tells him about a ghost for sale on an online auction site, he immediately puts in a bid and purchases it. The black, heart-shaped box that Coyne receives in the mail not only contains the suit of a dead man but also his vengeance-obsessed spirit. The ghost, it turns out, is the stepfather of a young groupie who committed suicide after the 54-year-old Coyne callously used her up and threw her away. Now, determined to kill Coyne and anyone who aids him, the merciless ghost of Craddock McDermott begins his assault on the rocker's sanity.
It's been a while since I read a vampire book, so I pulled out one from my bookshelf the other day. Twilight Hunger by Maggie Shayne. I have read one book by Maggie Shayne before, Bloodline which wasn't one of the best vampire books I've read. But so far this one seems to be not very good, but better than the last...
When struggling screenwriter Morgan DeSilva uncovers the ancient leather diaries in the attic of an old house in Maine, she is swept into the seductive world of a long-dead madman who had believed himself a vampire. Now, though Dante's story has made her rich and famous, Morgan is wasting away. At night she dreams of him, an erotic fantasy so real she can see the marks on her neck, feel her life's blood draining from her. Almost as if he were real . . .

He comes to her at night. Watching her. Wanting her.She is one of The Chosen. She can be his, if he desires. And he desires it so much that he is filled with a terrible fear. He knows that his kiss can save her from destiny's curse, and from the enemies who stalk them both. But to save her, he must trust her. With his life. With his love. With the promise of immortality.
 Mgp is a norwegian book by Magne Hovden. I've read anothr book by him last year - Sameland, which is hilariou! I'm hoping his last book will be just as fun.The book is about a group of artist who are trying to make their comeback by joining the Eurovision songcontest...

7 comments:

  1. Perfect season to be pulling out those vampire books!

    Socks, gloves, jacket--busy knitter! Don't you just love when all the started things start ending about the same time, too!!! Happy knitting week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all your goodreads updates! I'm not surprised to here you haven't been knitting much ;-). All good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Twilight Hunger. I recall liking it, though I couldn't remember much about it until I read what you wrote here (so that probably doesn't bode well for it). :p But those kinds of books are right up my alley. :)

    You knitting is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cables ... and the color of the socks in the back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a lot of beautiful knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥