Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

It's Wednesday and I'm joinging Yarn Along and WIP Wednesday :)

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Knitting: There haven't been much knitting lately... I have however finished the Robot Dance sweater for Endre :) I knit a row now and then on my projects, but it seems like I don't get any of them off the needles... The black is the jacket for Eirin, the grey Counterpane socks and the black/orange is a pair of plain socks.

Reading: I've started to read The Little Vampire for Endre and Eirin. I loved this series as a kid and I hope they will too. I am reading Himmelstormeren which is a book about Ellisif Wessel. She played a significant role in the Norwegian labor movement in the first decades of the 1900s, as a writer, magazine publisher and agitator. She was an accomplished photographer, who has left a valuable cultural photographs from South Varanger area. She also published several collections of poetry.
And ofcourse I have to have a fantasy book too ;) Reckless. I have jusst read a few chapters, but as the other books by Cornelia Funke have been great, I assume this one will be to.

8 comments:

  1. My friend, there's just no way I can keep up with our amazing reading. You go through books faster than I can read your reviews ;-). I wish there was an English translation of Ellisif Wessel's story. Currently, I have at least 5 projects in the works...I wonder if any of them will be finished by Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and orangy yarn is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je bruker av og til"hundre år" på å bli ferdig med ting, men tenker at det er greit også. Spennende lesning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for your link to more information about Ellisif Wessel. I have heard about her before, but one forgets, and I thought it was a very inspiring read, especially since I am quite upset and worried about the level of public debate in Norway today. It's important to remember that there have been major challenges and progresses in earlier times as well. I think I might check out the novel as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, the dancing robot sweater is amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to go look up The Little Vampire, that cover just intrigues me.

    Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the orange/black yarn they are going to be some fab socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the orange and black yarn. Perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥