Friday, February 21, 2014

FO :: Hearts for my Children ♡

Untitled

I  these socks!
It's one of those pattern you know you'll knit again.
I was a bit worried that they wouldn't fit do to the colourwork.
But they fit perfectly!

Untitled        Untitled        Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Mine hjerter from the book Sokker, strikking hele året or you can buy it as a single pattern in english or norwegian here.
Yarn: Sisu 63 g red #4219 and 32 g white #1001
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1½
Size: 72 sts, europes 39/40
Made for: Me
Started: Februaty 6, 2014
Completed: February 19, 2014



Untitled


Untitled


Untitled      Untitled      Untitled

Linking up with FO Friday and Creative Friday

Untitled

I'm all into colourwork these days, so I just had to cast on another pair of socks. It's from the same book as the heart socks and I love how they are knitting up. Not sure if they will fit my foot yet, so they might be for Eirin. We'll see :)

18 comments:

  1. oi, dei va fine! Eg lurer på om eg nokon gong kommer til å strikke sokker på pinne 2,5. Håper det, for det blir innmari fint :) God helg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are stunning socks! Love the heel construction! And doesn't a sock always feel extra special if there's patterning on the sole ?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fantastic, I love the colouring so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så nydelig hjertesokker du har strikket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great socks, Hege! Your kids are going to love wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hvor er de fine! De passer godt til fx valentinsdag ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're color work knitting skills are extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are great socks. I love them. You have made me want to knit some colour work socks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pair of socks, they're absolutely wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flotte sokker du har strikka!
    Jeg har også investert i den boka til Bitta Mikkelborg, der er det veldig mange fine oppskrifter.
    Ha en fin-fin søndag! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Farver er nødvendige på denne årstid :-) Sikke fuldstændig fantastiske hjerte-sokker, du har strikket - nej, hvor er de fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! being fairly new to sock knitting I haven't ventured into colourwork socks yet but these certainly make me want to take that leap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The socks are gorgeous! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have been lurking and reading your blog for a long time. Love your knitting and in fact when i first found your blog i went back and read through the entire archive just so i could see all the pictures!! Your colour work is exceptional. One question... Would it be possible to photograph the sock inside out and post such a photo. Trying colour work socks and mittens and unsure hey the inside should look. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I can't believe you read all the way back in my blog...
      Thank you!!
      I thought about posting a photo of the inside when I made this post, but somehow I didn't do it.
      But I can see if I can manage to make a post about the inside of colourwork knitting :)

      Delete
    2. Just saw your latest post with the insides and tips. Thanks so very much for taking the time to do this!!! So excited to put the tips to use. Two of my all time favourite hege projects are the horses sweater with a yoke and the marius onesie. My dream is to be able to do something like that one day!!! Thanks for the great inspiration.

      Delete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥