Monday, February 24, 2014

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey
Each week we spotlight the books we are reading, planning on reading or just finished reading.

Untitled

So, I finsihed Bellman & Black and didn't like it... I had so high hopes for this book as I loved The Thirtheenth Tale by the same author. I'm also reading a few pages now and then in Blacklands, but not much as I have been lost in the world of Vikings and Scots :)

On a Highland Shore (Highland, #1)
I started On a Highland Shore last Tuesday and I've been reading into the late hours each night since. It's so exciting and when I read the last couple of chapters last night, I was kind a sad it was over... Hopefully the next book will be just as good!
On Scotland's western shore, the village of Somerstrath prepares for the joyous wedding celebration of Margaret MacDonald, the laird's daughter. But a dark storm of bloodshed and betrayal is closing in, as a merciless band of Vikings threatens the Highlands.
Margaret is determined to hold the MacDonald clan together and to locate her abducted younger brother. But can she trust the noblemen from King Alexander's court, who insist that only by adhering to a betrothal conceived for political gain will she find safety? Or should she put her trust in an imposing half-Irish, half-Norse warrior?
Gannon MacMagnus alone offers her hope of reuniting her family and vanquishing the barbarous Norsemen who would continue to rob her people of their God-given right to determine their own destinies. In whom should Margaret entrust the fate of the rugged, magnificent land she calls home?

Rivals for the Crown
I just gt to read a few pages in Rivals for the Crown last night, but I think this will be as good as the first book.
1290: The Scottish throne is for the taking after a child queen perishes ... and while bitter foes clamor to seize power, England's Edward I has his own designs on the embattled northern nation. Thrown into the maelstrom of politics, bloodshed, and ambition is Rachel Anjou, exiled to the border town of Berwick after Edward expels all Jews from his kingdom; and her beloved friend Isabel de Burke, immersed in a courtly world of privilege and peril as a lady-in-waiting. In Berwick, dangers abound Rachel, but the tall, dark Highlander Kieran MacDonald presents a risk of a different sort ... while Isabel attracts notice of two men --- an English knight and a Highlander outlaw. And as enmity between the lands reaches its violent peak, each woman must decide where her loyalty, and her destiny, lies ...

I love a good historical fiction. And I am reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I'm thinking about reading Voyager (Outlander #3) after I'm finished with Rivales of the Crown.
I also have the Highlander series in my shelf and are eager to start reading that one too :)
But I'd love to hear if you have a book or a series similar to these on you would recommend!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not the only one who didn't like Bellman and Black although it was my first time reading this author. Hope you enjoy your books your currently reading!

    Stormi
    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-73/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Outlander series! Even when to visit some of the areas on a tour to Scotland - Inverness, Culloden (laid a flower at the Fraser stone), Clava Cairns etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy the sequel as much as the first book

    Read on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good! Eye candy covers too.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥