Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mud cakes and knitting

sykler


Dette har Eirin venta på i flere dager. Endelig har is og snø smelta på veien så det er mulig å sykle.

Eirin has been waiting for this for days. Finally the ice and snow has melted on the road so she can ride her bike.

søle

Endre fryder seg over alle søledammene ;)

Endre is just thrilled over all the mud puddles ;)

knitting

I dag var det såpass varmt i sol veggen (satt i le for en sur nordavind) at jeg kunne ta med meg strikkinga ut. Strikker fingervanter til Eirin.

Today it was so warm in the sun ( I sat in the lee for a cold nothe wind) that I could take my knitting with me outside. I'm knitting on a pair of fingerless mitts for Eirin.

te

Og jeg ble servert te og sølekaker :) Og innimellom strikking og kos i solveggen har vi vært på aketur.

And I got tea and mud cakes :) And inbetween knitting and enjoying the sun we've been sledging.

11 comments:

  1. Ahh mud, it's a sure sign that spring is around the corner. We are in that ugly stage right now but I'm not as brave as you and your kids - no biking for me yet. It looks like you all had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Your little ones are so sweet! Don't you love those first early days of spring? All of our snow has finally melted here! It was a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Your little ones are so sweet! Don't you love those first early days of spring? All of our snow has finally melted here! It was a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very surreal to see your cold sunny weather when I'm anticipating a 92 degree day on Saturday. Our weather is all messed up here. Someone forgot to tell someone that it's only spring, not summer.

    Your kids are sure adorable with the bike and the mud playing. Sledging looks like great fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a lot of fun that looks like! The yarn for the new pair of mitts is really pretty! She will love those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading about life in your part of the world. And I still think Endre is the cutest thing on two legs! Those sun-glasses are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blog!

    My 2 oldest daughters, almost 16 and 13, love to knit. I can't wait to show them all these lovely photos of items you've knitted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are Eirin and Endre! I'm so excited for spring so we can play outside more. Looks like the mitts are going to be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Herlige bilder!! Skjønner godt at ungene koser seg. Likte veldig godt hunden Blue, han er nok fin å betro hemliser til :-) Og rokken var jo et kupp, så snill mann du har. Ha en fin helg, klem :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. came here via Knitting Iris -- great mud cake tea party!!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥