Monday, October 5, 2009

B - Blekkhjerte


I was not sure what to do with the letter B in ABC i ord og bilder, but when I put back some books in my bookshelf - Blekkhjerte (Inkheart) by Cornelia Funke was one of the books :)

The last month I've been reading the books in this trilogy, and I've been totally lost in the Inkworld! We meet Meggie and her dad Mo who is a bookbinder, but when he reads out loud from any book, some of the characters comse alive.

"The books in Mo and Meggie's house were stacked under tables, on chairs, in the corners of the rooms. There where books in the kitchen and books in the lavatory. Books on the TV set and in the closet, small piles of books, tall piles of books, books thick and thin, books old and new. They welcomed Meggie down to breakfast with invitingly opened pages; they kept boredom at bay when the weather was bad. And sometimes you fall over them."
— Cornelia Funke (Inkheart)

DSCN1799

"The world was a terrible place, cruel, pitiless, dark as a bad dream. Not a good place to live. Only in books could you find pity, comfort, happiness - and love. Books loved anyone who opened them, they gave you security and friendship and didn't ask anything in return; they never went away, never, not even when you treated them badly."
— Cornelia Funke (Inkheart Trilogy: Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath)

And I'm not going to see the film - I know I will be so disappointed as I often are after seeing a film after reading the book first...

6 comments:

  1. Det er deilig å kunne fordype seg inn i bokverden og nesten leve med handlingen. Vi har vel alle lest bøker hvor vi tar med oss hovedpersonene i RL. Å skrive om at dette skjer er jo en god idé:)
    Flott B:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du er det vi på dansk kalder "en læsehest". Samme er jeg og har været i mange år, men de seneste måneder har lysten manglet totalt. Underligt, dog vender billedet vel igen, men nok ikke med dine blækbøger starteligt :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, don't see the film. It was so dissapointing and I love, love, love those books. Such a great story. So yeah, don't see the movie, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bogotm vil jeg kalde dig! Måske skulle jeg kigge efter bøgerne på biblioteket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit, have never read any of the books you here refere to. But, it will be on my list.
    Thans for sharing.

    ----
    Håper du synes det er ok at jeg kommenterer lenge etter at jeg strengt tatt burde.
    Men bildene og ordene har jo tross alt evig verdi.
    Mitt innlegg er her
    http://toraamusic.blogspot.com/2009/10/abc-b-pa-norsk-nordisk-hvor-i-all.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. the book is so much better than it's movie...promise!

    visiting from Passionate Blogs, have a great day! I think I'm "bloggyblocked", can't put my thoughts into words so I'm going to show some bloglove and go comment-crazy instead!

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥