Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baby sweater and a hike

First of all I'll have to let you know that I'm working on importing our hiking blog into this on. It's just to much work to blog in several places... So I know there will be some links not working and maybe some post in the past that will have the same story in different ways, but I hope I'll get around and fix some of it ;)

DSCN3762

A friend of mine gave birth to a adorable little girl on Endre's birthday! So finally I could cast on for this sweet little jacket.

Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles by Elizabet Zimmermann.
Yarn: 68 g Babyull from Gjestal # 823.
Needles: 3,5 mm.
Notes: Button holes on row 4, 20, 36, 52, 68, 84 and 100
Increase on row 9, 17 and 27
Start gull pattern on row 28
I knitted the sleeves on dpns afterwards
Put the sleeve st on hold on row 45
After 93 rows I started the garter-st ending
I knitted 40 rows on the sleeve before I started the garter-st ending. I might have knitted a few rows more, because they got a little short.



DSCN3772

After a very rainy day yesterday, with the rain pouring down, we had to get those ants out of the kids pants ;) So we went hiking. We made a new "toy" - some ropes to practise the balance on.

DSCN3770

The tabanus and deer flies have come with the heat :(  Here's Endre examining one after it's been hit.

DSCN3773

And the bog is full of unripe cloudberry :)

DSCN3774

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your "TO på topp". What a wonderful challenge. And your new pictures of the promising cloudberries! Lucky you!
    I'm glad you have combined your blogs. I've always felt a bit guilty about not checking the other one. Now I get both! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is just a darling sweater...someone has a very lucky little one!

    Thanks for visiting. I have never heard of cloudberries...what do you do with them?

    That is a great toy for the kids to climb on! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. We usually make jam of it. Or liquer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baby jacket is gorgeous. Love the bright yarn and heart button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the February sweater and you inspire me to make another.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥