Wednesday, April 3, 2013

On the needles :: Ashton, Sarkani and Marius

Untitled

Reading: I've finished the Kadaverdoktoren (Madeleine Karno #1) the other day. It was good, but not as good as I had hoped it would be. But I think I will read the next book as I think it has potential to be a good series
I'm halfway through The Sweetnes at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce #1) and I love it! It's funny, exciting and strange at the same time! 
And The House at Riverton is waiting for me once I finish this :) Looking forward to continue reading it :)

Knitting: The onesie is done - just need to buy buttons. So hopefully there will be a fo post soon. I have casted on a hat in the same pattern. My Asthon shawl is nearly done. I have two lace borders left. There is a kal going on in the Knit Like A Latvian group with patterns from the book Latvieša Cimdi. I have started on a pair, but so far they seem to be too big for me... 90 st on 2 mm needles. But I will make on and see how it turns out and hopefully there will be yarn left for the second.

What are you reading and knitting this week?

21 comments:

  1. You have a great line up of reading. I love books that are funny and make me laugh.

    As always your knitting is just amazing. I am just learning stranding and really am in awe of your beautiful knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knitting looks amazing! So pretty, all the different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous pile of fiber!!!! (love those titles you have in your reading queue!!!!....Flavia is one of my favorite 'detectives'!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mitts and the stranded color work. I am four rows away from finishing the lace edging of my shawl and I cannot wait to block it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stranded color work you are doing! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those mitts! What is the pattern? I host a weekly mem called Let's Get STitched if your interested in adding your projects:-)
    http://www.blueberrycottage.org/2013/04/lets-get-stitched.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That colourwork is incredible, I love the combination of blue and greys. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to start a colorwork project last night. I had been itching to do some color. Love those items you have going. Can't wait to see your Ashton, I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your knits are amazing! I also love the colors of the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful knits... your color combinations are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aha! Jeg burde skjønt at det var grisene som stod bak sinnet til de sinte fuglene :D
    Fikk lyst til å lese 'Kadaverdoktoren'. Jeg har ikke fått med meg at L. Kåberbøl har skrevet en bok for voksne. Den andre boka høres også fin ut. Notere meg den.
    Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Color work and cables make me happy. :). Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your color work is just stunning. can't wait to see the onesie all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your yarn for Aston is very beautiful and I think I am going to knit Maius-such a great pattern. Thank you for the great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my goodness hege your knitting inspires, that is a pile of woolly wonderfulness! must pick up a copy of sweetness now, i've heard so many good things about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pops of blue in the dark and light grey. Beautiful colourwork!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks wonderful! I love to see your colorwork. It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Colorwork is so fascinating. I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am knitting a bunting, and reading "New York Stories" by the fabulous Edith Wharton.

    I assume Latvian project will mean colorwork!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your colorwork always looks so even and perfect (you pick out fantastic colors too), I hope to be that good someday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your knitting is lovely. I admire the marius pattern.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥