Monday, September 9, 2013

FO :: Another pair of Waffels

Untitled

It's a great start of the week when you can put some new socks and have your breakfast (which is a cup of tea and a slice of bread with homemeade redcurrant jam) outside.
The day started with just 2 C and a thick fog, but the sun came up after a while and it got quite warm in the sun. We are having and indian summer here in the north - which feels great!
After I casted off this new pair of Waffel socks, I desided to finish some of my ufo's... So a pair of thick wool socks or "læsta" as we call them came out in the sun with me this morning. I just have the second sock to knit so this pair should not take long to finish.

Untitled

I didn't even try to get them to match... The stripes was too long and even if the two skeins had the same dye lot, one of them had a brighter green than the other...
The colours are much more brighter than I managed to capture with the camera.

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Blueberry Waffel Socks (free pattern)
Yarn: 71 g Mini Mochi #108 - A very soft, but a bit fuzzy yarn.
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Size: 64 sts, european 39/40
Started: September 1, 2013
Completed: September 9, 2013



Untitled

3 comments:

  1. These are terrific waffle socks! I love the color changes. We are having an early Indian summer too. Usually it hits in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely socks, I say as long as the colours match I am willing to give up on getting the stripes to be perfectly even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely socks, and, sometimes matched socks are overrated!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥