Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WIP :: Hitchhiker and socks

Joining Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday and Keep Calm Craft on 

What's on your needles today?

Untitled

I didn't feel like knitting on any of my projects yesterday, so I casted on a new one ;)
Hitchhiker in an unknown yarn I got from my mom. I know it's some kind of sockyarn, maybe OnLine..?

Untitled

The socks I had started last week has a pattern now. I found Scylla and really liked the slipped stitch pattern. My worries is that I will not have enough yarn... I might knit both feet and then see how much yarn I have left.
Untitled

And finally I picked another ufo from my basket. I started this pair of socks for Endre back in March... So I guess it's about time I finish them so he can wear them before they get too small.


I haven't had much time to read this week, but I managed to read a few chapters in The Yellow House last night. It's not so good yet that I can't put it down, but it seems like the story is getting there.

"Eileen O'Neill's family is torn apart by religious intolerance and secrets from the past. Determined to reclaim her ancestral home and reunite her family, Eileen begins working at the local mill, saving her money and holding fast to her dream. As war is declared on a local and global scale, Eileen cannot separate the politics from the very personal impact the conflict has had on her own life. She is soon torn between two men, each drawing her to one extreme. One is a charismatic and passionate political activist determined to win Irish independence from Great Britain at any cost, who appeals to her warrior's soul. The other is the wealthy and handsome black sheep of the pacifist family who owns the mill where she works, and whose persistent attention becomes impossible for her to ignore."



I'm also reading The 13 1/3  Life of Captain Bluebear. It's a funny and easy read. I have it beside my knitting and read a few pages now and then during the day.

"Captain Bluebear is a bear with blue fur - in other words, a creature as unique as the fantastic adventures he undergoes. Unlike cats, which have only nine lives, bluebears have twenty-seven. This is fortunate, because our hero is forever avoiding disaster by a paw's breadth. 
In this remarkable book, Captain Bluebear tells the story of his first thirteen-and-a-half lives in a world as far removed from our own as can possibly be imagined: the mysterious continent of Zamonia, where intelligence is an infectious disease and water flows uphill, where headless giants roam deserts made of sugar, and where only Captain Bluebear's courage and ingenuity enable him to escape the dangers that lie in wait for him around every corner."

17 comments:

  1. Oh the feeling of casting on something new is one of the best feelings isn't it? Your Hitchhiker is going to be so pretty.

    I really like the slipped stitch on your socks too and may have to cast on a pair today, I think I need that " I just cast on something feeling" also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the knits, especially the hitchhiker shawl. The yellow house looks intriguing, I hope it's a good book based on the cover art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have captain bluebear at home - I need to finish reading it - it's awesome silly book :D ...I really like the yarn you're using for the slip-stitch pattern socks, it's so cheerful and great for cold autumn days :) good luck with finishing all your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hitchhiker is beautiful! Such pretty yarn. I love the pattern for the slipped stitch socks. I will have to check that out and add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Hitchhiker is beautiful. I love your socks too, the slipped stitch pair are a great pattern. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hitchhiker. That is a fun knit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo thanks for reminding me about the Scylla pattern, I've been keeping an eye out for patterns to make the most of multicoloured socks and I'd forgotten I'd added that one to my favourites. It's now in my queue :)

    Your hitchhiker is looking very nice, I like the yarn colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I absolutely LOVE the slip stitch design on your socks and the yarn you chose for them suits the pattern better than the one they used in the example photos. These are going on my list - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished my second Hitchhiker and swore I wasn't going to cast on another one, but after seeing yours I may have to. Love the colors, along with the colors of your Scylla!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely projects. Great yarn colors for the Scylla socks. Hitchhiker is on my list. It's lovely in the yarn you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the slip-stitch socks ... I hope you have enough yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Hitchhiker caught my eye immediately on Bloglovin'! It's like tuffs of grass peeping out from craggy mountains by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your Hitch Hiker. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's a great pattern for handpainted sock yarn!!!! really makes the colors pop.....not pool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful projects! Loving your Hitchhiker ~ such beautiful yarn! Found you via Yarn Along.. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Hitchhiker pattern is very popular.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥