Wednesday, March 19, 2014

On The Needles :: Nancy, Angee and Rye

Joining Yarn Along :: WIP Wedensday :: Keep Kalm Craft On
What's on your needles today?

Untitled

Knitting: I'm finally starting to see the end of my Nancy cardigan. I had to send it to my mom this weekend so she could sew the seams in the front with her sewing machine as mine is not working right... I picked up the stitches for the button bands earlier today and have knitted a few rows. Hopefully I will have it done by the end of the week :) I think I have some old buttons I can use. If not I'll have to make it to the yarn store. I'm almost done with my pair of Angee. Love how they knit up!
I saw a pair of Rye knitted in fingering yarn on a blog a while ago, and knew I had to make some one day. Well, it's the perfect mindless project so I just cast on the number of stitches I normally do for a pair of vanilla socks and the first one just flew off the needles :)

Reading: I finsihed The Search for the Red Dragon this weekend and it was good. I didn't know what to read next, but I had picked up Reached from the library a while ago, so I gave it a try. The first two books in this dystopian series was quite good, but I just couldn't get into this one, so I gave up.
Instead I'm going to finish Blacklands which have been sitting among my knitting and I've been reading a few pages now and then. Not sure what I'll read after that - there are SO many books I want to read!!


Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

I haven't been knitting much today as the baking mojo hit me :)
Great to fill up the freezer with bread, cinnamon rolls and ham and cheese rolls!

17 comments:

  1. Love the sweater and those socks, oh my so very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your thumbnail image I thought you posted a black and white photo but now I see the little hint of color in the book. The cardi looks great! And the baked goods. Mmmm. I'm gluten-free right now for health reasons but I still crave baked goodies. I've been making my own with almond flour and what-not but it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting is always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater will be gorgeous! Can't wait to see it done. The socks look lovely, but the baking is the best! Do you ship? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sweater and great looking socks! Your knitting is gorgeous and the baked goods look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color of your Angee socks - I love Araucania yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo your Nancy sweater is so close to being finished now, it's looking wonderful. Gorgeous socks as always and wowzas at all that baking! Very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks amazing. I really love the red socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great looking socks….but, oh MY!!! that bread baking!! yum

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm coming over! You're picking me up at the airport right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your baking is as lovely as your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of it is lovely, and I admire your ambition - trying to foster some of that over here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The knitting and baking all look fabulous!!! That Nancy Cardigan is really something special :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cardigan looks amazing! What an undertaking. Beautiful socks and beautiful baking as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Så flott Nancy! Jeg holder også på med den, er kommet til syingen av fronten og opplukking, ikke så alt for morsomt arbeid... Flotte sokker :)

    Ha en fin søndag :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastiske sokker! Og bollene ser GODE ut... Ha en fortryllende søndag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hei, kjempfine farger på Nancy jakka, jeg har lyst til å strikke i samme fargekombo - Kunne du være så snill og dele hvilke garntype og farger du har brukt? På forhånd tusen takk :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥