Friday, April 11, 2014

FO :: Holmenkollen Genser

Untitled

I managed to buy more of the purple yarn for Eirin's sweater. Since the yarn I had was a few years old, the new skeins was a little lighter in colour... I did alternate the two skeins, but I still got a few stripes just before I started the pattern. But it's just in a certain light it shows, so it doesn't bother me.
Eirin has been living in it since I finished it :)
It's knitted in acrylic yarn - not my favourite, but when you have kids with sensitive skin and you really want to knit all the pretty things for them, you just have to find the "right" yarn. She likes this so much that we went out and bought some grey yarn for another sweater :)

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Holmenkollen genser
Yarn: Thea, 310 g purple and 81 g white
Needles: 3 mm / US 2,5
Made for: Eirin
Size: xs
Started: March 8, 2013
Completed: April 8, 2013



Untitled

Linking up with FO Friday :: Creative Friday :: Fiber Arts Friday

12 comments:

  1. Så fin, så enkel, så god effekt med det motsatt mønsteret.
    God påske!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is beautiful. You are right, sometimes you have to go with the fiber/yarn that fits the person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This jumper is perfect on your beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    All the best,Maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely! And I'm very impressed you knit it in a month :-o

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful sweater and a beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful sweater - I enjoy seeing all your Nordic knits. I have made several and always love to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog, it's wonderful, full of awesome hand knits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sweater on a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kjempefin genser! Har oppskriften i heftet Norske ikoner, et må-ha hefte, proppet av fristelser:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sweater is absolutely stunning as is the precious young lady model!! vonnie

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥