Thursday, April 24, 2014

Just waiting for summer to arrive...

Transplanting seedlings

Becasue all these little seedling want to get out and grow!!
And I love my litte paper potter. I think I'll have to see if I can find one that makes larger pots too, as these gets a little on the small side for some seedlings.

Transplanting seedlings

One have to be creative...
Dreaming of a greenhouse.
But until that happens, I just have to grow my cucumbers in my window ;)
Hopefully we will get some this year. I finally think I have found the right kind of seeds. So fingers crossed!

Untitled

My Borlotti beans grew so fast I had to put them in big pots and find some bamboo sticks for them to climb in. I'm also growing a few suger peas and some flower peas.

Untitled

It's so fascinating to see how they stretch, twist and hold on to the sticks with these treads.

Untitled

I like to use what I have on hand, so my onion set was planted in these, which are from the kids lego advent calendars ;)

Untitled

They seem to grow fast and with 24 in each, there will hopefully be 72 onions to plant out.

Untitled

The carrots are growing too. I need to give them a head start indoors as the summer is so short here... But I'm still trying to find the right kind for us. So far we have tried a mix of several colours - which the kids liked. But I would like to find a good sort for storing and that taste good.
This year I have planted some orange and some purple. The purple have we tried before.

Untitled

And the bumblebees needs some food too. So they will get some pretty Borage - Agurkurt to endulge in. They are edible for us too and looks pretty in a salad.

Untitled

A mix of rutabaga, kohlrabi, brussels sprouts, iceberg lettuce and beetroot.
I haven't tried to grow any of them before, so we'll see how it goes.

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

And some swiss chard. Looking forward to try these.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is quite the set-up! Very motivating for me to get some of my seeds started :D (better late than never!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Dreaming of a greenhouse ..." looks like you've created one! I love the photos of your pretty growing things. I kill most growing things. My son is still okay so far ;) I love all the things you are growing. I'm a huge fan of the swiss chard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Amazing how these are faring in just your home. They're sprouting wonderfully. The green color is terrific.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥