Wednesday, August 20, 2014

On The Needles :: Shawls and socks

Untitled


What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny and Nicole

Knitting: My Nurmilintu which just had a few rows knitted last week is almost done. I just have the last lace border left to knit, but I'm thinking about frogging it... Yes, that's right. Frog it. I like the colours and the pattern, but it's not long enough to be a scarf one can wrap around the neck the way I like it. So I think I'll use the yarn for a Hitchhiker instead.
I watch some podcasts and I found out that Mel from Singlehandedknits can use both her hands again and have started a new podcast - With Mel. And we can knit along with her on one of her new shawlette patterns Menehune. So of course I had to find some yarn and cast on when I watched the first episode :) I'm going to make it bigger and use up most of my yarn, so I'll have to do a little math before I start knitting the edge.
And of course there is a pair of socks on the needles too ;) I've decided to use up all of my pretty skeins I've been saving, before I can buy some new ones. And sometimes the yarn are prettier in the skein than knit up as a sock... But then again I've never been a hugh fan of yarn that pools... But Erlend is happy for a new pair of socks and doesn't care, so I just knit to get them off the needles so I can find another skein and cast on another pair ;)

Reading: The same books as last week. Shadow of Night is great and I manage to read a few chapters each night in bed. And I'm almost done with City of Ashes and I think it's just as good as the first book City of Bones.


4 comments:

  1. I had such fun following your links. Thanks! I bet you will have your socks finished real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for frogging - if you aren't happy with it just make it into something that will make you smile. I have been wanting to join Mels KAL but I want to finish the shawl I have on the needles first. So many projects, so little time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instinct is always best. I so love that green colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful yarns. I agree with Kepanie instinct is always best.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥