Wednesday, August 6, 2014

On the Needles :: Summer socks

Untitled

Knitting: Hubby wanted some ankle socks he could wear to work when it's hot, so I went through my stash and found some left over skeins. I might have to add in a second colour for the heel and toe, but we'll see.

Reading: I've not been reading as much as I would have liked to this summer...
I've read Divergent, and liked it so much I guess I'll need to buy the next boks in the series.
I'm still reading my way throuhg a Discovery of Whitches. I love this book and it's so much better this second time I'm reading it. Can't wait to start on the second book in the series :)
I needed another book to bring with me outdoors and to pick up when I'm not knitting, and I found City of Bones in my shelf. Love it!! And lucky me - I have the next two books waiting on the shelf as well :)
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...  - from Goodreads -

What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny and Nicole

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the first three books of The Mortal Instruments (the third was my absolute favorite!), but the fourth was so terrible that I haven't read any of the other ones yet. Have fun reading and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that he requested and love how you dug through the stash to make his request come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read as much as I wanted too either.....great socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coolio! We like the same series although I need to listen to more of Divergent. I'm taking a break from the MI series. Deborah Harkeness is a genius. She makes historical fiction fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just finished the Divergent series, it is a good one. Mortal instruments is on my short list of books to read (and ready and waiting on my kindle!) so I may be joining you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nydelig farge det blir på de sokkene! Dattra min leser også Divergent akkurat nå - jeg venter på at hun skal bli ferdig ;.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flotte sokker! Finnes boken på norsk,den hekse boken? Vil også lese den, på engelsk om jeg må!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk. Ja, begge de to første bøkene er oversatt til norsk. Første bok heter Alle sjelers natt, hvis jeg ikke husker feil. Vet ikke om den tredje er kommet ut på norsk ennå... Jeg leste den først på norsk, men syns den er mye bedre nå som jeg leser den for andre gang på engelsk..

      Delete
    2. Skal sjekke opp det med en gang jeg! Prøve norsk først da, lenge siden jeg har lest bøker:D

      Delete
  8. The socks look promising - I like the colour mix!

    I never quite got into City of Bones, but a work colleague and friend lent me Discovery of Witches a few weeks ago and I'm planning to read it once I've finished my current book. She loved it, so I have high hopes for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥