Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Sun is Back :)

Cold day in the forest, -15 C

We saw the first glimpse of the sun a few days ago and today she colored the mountaintops pink when we hiked to out lean-to in the forest.

Cold day in the forest, -15 C

It's cold today with -15 C, but we have a saying here in Norway - "There is not such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!" So if it's cold, put on warm clothes!

IMG_20170204_125415

And a fire, hot tea and warm wool mittens makes you forget it's cold :)
I'm wearing my Rigmor's Selbu mittens, which has become my go to mittens when I'm outdoors. I think I'll have to knit up some more.

Cold day in the forest, -15 C

And finally the sun came out!
So good to now there is just lighter and longer days ahead!

Cold day in the forest, -15 C

Cold day in the forest, -15 C

Cold day in the forest, -15 C

Cold day in the forest, -15 C

The forest was filled with hare (and fox) tracks today. I'm wondering if the fox managed to get any dinner...

2017-02-04_03-28-05

4 comments:

  1. Vakre vinterbilder - deilig å se :-)) Jeg liker snø!!!
    Nydelige votter. Så fin bål.
    Herlig med solen. Vi har 2 grader, håper snø forsvinner ikke :-)) Tirsdag kommer frost igjen.
    Ha riktig god vinterglede fortsatt. Hilsen fra Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed how you know your animal tracks. What a neat life you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos look so magical and warm my heart. Your mitts are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful beginnings of sun returning! I bet you missed it while it was gone, I would have!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥