Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Yarn Along

Untitled

What are you knitting and reading this week? I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along.

Knitting: My Setesdalkofte is slowly getting done. I'm almost done with the yoke decreases and then the buttonbands is all that is left to knit. I must confess that the type of buttonbands that this pattern calls for, is not my favorite to knit. It looks great, but I either knit them too long or too short... But you know, practice makes perfect ;) In between knitting on my kofte I knit on various small projects. I finished a pair of socks some days ago and have made a couple of sockhead cowls that needs to be blogged. But today I needed something mindless to knit on and since my goal this year is to not just knit socks, I decided to cast on a hat. I had my youngest to pick out a skein of yarn earlier this month that I shall knit a project from and he decided to pick out some beautiful merino Hacho from Mirasol. The hat pattern is Barley, a great mindless knit. Hopefully it will be a pretty hat.

Reading: I'm still reading The Orchard of Lost Souls, as I had started last week. But last night I felt the need for a good crime/thriller story, so I picked up a library book by Mo Hayder -  Birdman. It's the first book in a series and it SO good. I had to force myself to put it away and go to sleep last night.
Greenwich, south-east London. The Met's crack murder squad, AMIP, is called out by nervous CID detectives to a grim discovery. Five bodies, all young women, all ritualistically murdered and dumped on wasteland near the Dome. As each post-mortem reveals a singular, horrific signature linking the victims, officers realize that they are on the trail of that most dangerous offender: a sexual serial killer.

Detective Inspector Jack Caffery - young, driven, unshockable - finds himself facing both hostility within the force and echoes of his past in this, his first case with AMIP. Haunted by the memory of a death long ago, he employs every weapon forensic science can offer for he knows it is only a matter of time before this chaotic, sadistic killer strikes again.    -from Goodreads-

Untitled


Untitled

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to finish it.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! I've been enjoying watch this grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cardi looks beautiful xx I love it when you find a book that is that good you just can not put it down. I hope I find one of those good reads this year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, I love we I find good books. I kept reading way over bedtime last night as well ;)

      Delete
  4. The sweater is lovely. Hoping you get the button band right this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, I hope they will knit up right this time. I just have to not rush my knitting.

      Delete
  5. Love this sweater! Great colors and you will get so much use out of this wonderful knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Setesdalkofte ser så god :-))) Ønsker deg riktig god helg med strikketøy og boken.
    Jeg leser Tusen og en natt. Jeg strikker med hvit garn og med blå garn, vinterklær...
    vi har fortsatt snø... og jeg gleder meg :-)) Hilsen til deg fra Viola

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥