Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Yarn Along

Untitled

What are you knitting and reading this week? I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along.

Knitting: I haven't knitted a single stitch on my Setedalskofte since last week... No mojo to knit on it at all. So instead I have knitted lots of small things. I have finished the hat I just had cast on last week and a pair of socks. More on that in a later post. Right now I have a pair of Norwegian Mittens on the needles. It's an easy mitten pattern and I have plans for a couple more in other colours. I'm trying to use up some of my sport weight yarn and mittens seems to be the perfect project for it. And since we today woke up to -17 C and it has snowed nearly 50 cm the last couple of days, mittens is much needed!

Reading: I seem to be completely lost in the world of DI Jack Caffery... But Mo Hayder writes SO good and I can simply not put the books down. Skin is the 4th book in the series and it looks like it's going to be just as good as the others!

When the decomposed body of a young woman is found near railway tracks just outside Bristol one morning, all indications are that she's committed suicide. That's how the police want it too; all neatly squared and tidied away.But DI Jack Caffery is not so sure. He is on the trail of someone predatory, someone who hides in the shadows and can slip into houses unseen. And for the first time in a very long time, he feels scared.Police Diver Flea Marley is working alongside Caffery. With the traumas of her past safely behind her, she's beginning to wonder whether their relationship could go beyond the professional. But then she finds something that changes everything. Not only is it far too close to home for comfort - it's so horrifying that she knows that nothing will ever be the same again.And this time, no one - not even Caffery - can help her ... -from Goodreads-

6 comments:

  1. beautiful mitten knitting, I hope you get re-inspired to finish your big knits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe of people who can do stranded knitting like this--these mittens are fabulous! I find small projects are really great palette cleansers for the bigger stuff. Hope you can get back to them soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you need a break from certain things. The red and white are crisp and such an eye magnet. I've been into mysteries too this year, more cozy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, those mitts are amazing. I'm inspired to do some red and white colorwork! Beautiful knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mittens are stunning!!! I love red red and white colour combination!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥