Monday, September 1, 2008

Fall is here

lue

There is no doubt that fall finally is here. The leaves are falling off the trees and the temperatures is under 10C. So I have started to knit up some hats, socks and mittens for the kids. Endre got a new hat and socks.
Pattern: My own
Yarn: 100 g Opal Seide # 1359 - I have cut the yarn each time I got to the black&white part of it. I didnt think it looked good with these colors.
Needles: 2,75 mm

sokker 1

And you can see the garden is filled with yellow leaves.

rognebær

The rowan is full of berries this year, and we have a saying here in north of Norway which goes like this.
Lots of rowanberries = little snow.
Little rowanberries = lots of snow.
Because the rowan should not carry a heavy load twice in a row. So it looks like we gets little snow this winter... and it usually agree to the saying ;)

ved1

This weekend has been full of this and we've been blueberry picking :)

ved

So I'm off to stack this in rows to dry...

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe how Endre's all packed up in warm clothes already!
    Ah, I love wook working. When I was living with my grandparents (and all the visits before that), I love to stack wood, or go get it for the kitchen so we could cook. I love the smell of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisabeth (www.tostrup.net/blog)September 1, 2008 at 3:46 PM

    Skjønn lue, og sokkene var også fine! Ved til vinteren har vi også bunkret opp, men vi har planer om å hogge litt mer :) Håper rognebærteorien stemmer i år også, den gjorde det i fjor....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Sverige säger vi att mycket rönnbär betyder en kall vinter.
    Och i år har vi många rönnbär...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flott lue - og masse herlig ved til vinteren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the smell of freshly cut wood. I bet it feels nice to have it all cut and stacked, getting ready for the winter.

    Seriously, can you believe winter is almost here? Seems like for you and me both, winter just ended! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it that cold yet you actually need to wear hats already. It is cooling down here in the Netherlands but it isn't that cold.

    Nice pictures of the woodwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cut hat and socks. Looks like you guys have been busy. Eat some blueberries for me!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥