Saturday, September 6, 2008

Trying to make a horse chart

Horse sweater

Eirin needs a new sweater, so I'm trying to make a chart from this pattern. I didn't like any of the other patterns in the booklet, so I didn't buy it. The original sweater is knitted in alpakka, but I've bought Viking baby ull instead. There is a difference in gauge, so I was sitting all yesterday trying to get the chart right to fit a decrease in the round from another pattern I have. Hopefully I have got it right ;)

online socks

And a pair of socks is off needles. I still have some yarn left, so there might be a pair of mittens too ;)
Pattern: 56 st
Yarn: OnLine Supersocke Fantasy color #1013
Needles: 2,75 mm

The first snow on the mountain tops are here!

And we could see the first snowfall on the mountain tops today...

10 comments:

  1. You are so FAST! I'm so impressed with people's ability to adjust gauge etc. That sweater looks amazing. We had some snow here in the mountains last weekend. Crazy stuff-it's still summer (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling sweater. I haven't knit my daughter a sweater since she was around ten, and I've been looking for something to knit for her this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. åh, så vackert! Barnen frågar jämt när vi ska åka till Norge igen...
    Lycka till med häst-tröjan - det är lite knepigt att räkna om!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pattern with those horses. I am planning to knit my daughter Vera of 9 years old an Icelandic Lopi sweater with horses.

    The socks are very nice.

    Wow, snow already? We are enjoying some very nice sunny late summer days overhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be a very cute sweater! You have to post pictures. I was notified last week that the town we are moving to received its first snowfall. I like winter, don't get me wrong, but 8 to 9 months of winter???????Hmmmm. I will have to knit more--darn it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snø!! det ække mulig! da må du bu laaaaaaangt nord i landet.

    Håper snøen forsvinner. Her har vi 20 grader og sol!!
    Ha en fin dag uansett.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I LOVE fingerless mitts but I feel like I'm not challenging myself when I knit them. I guess it's time to move on to some cabled ones or fair isle or something. They're so practical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Åå.. den genseren blir nok skikkelig fin! Ønska meg hestegenser ein gong i tida, men fekk det aldri (kanskje like greitt, den varte ikkje så lenge den "heste-perioden" min.. hehe)

    Flotte fargar på sokkane dine, varmer nok godt til vinteren(både sokkane og fargane)

    Ha ei fin helg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've looked at this post a couple of times. I'm NOT a knitter, so it took me this long to figure out what you meant by making a horse chart. LOL! Anyway, I am simply amazed that you can look at a photo and create a pattern from it!

    Seriously, you are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! My daughter would love this. Can't wait to see how you get on!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥