Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Handknit Heroes

Handknit heroes

Months ago I signed up for a sneak peek issue of the new comic Handknit Heroes, but I thought they had forgotten all about me and I had forgotten about the comic ;) Until today when it came in my mailbox together with a letter.

"Dear Sneak Peek Participant.

Imagine you're a teenager, and you have some...special powers. Maybe even super powers. And one day, at a sleepover, your best friend in the whole world tells you - you're not alone.

We're excited to introduse three geat superheroes in this issue: teenage twins Ana and Alex Miller and Ana's friend, Sue Ho. So how does knitting fit into their world? The same way it fits into ours - by sneaking into the little spaces and taking over your hands and heart. Jen Miller, Ana and Alex's mother, is the first knitter you'll meet, in Issue #1, but all the kids have a very healthy relationship with yarn."

I had to read it immediately. I'm not sure what I think of it yet... There is some loose ends, but I guess they will come together later in the story. And the mom knits in a lab, making something for the superheroes..?
I might sign up for a subscription to see how it develops ;)
And I almost forgot to tell you that there is a pattern in it - POW! Hooded scarf with pockets.
And ofcourse there is a Handknit heroes group at Ravery ;)


Thank you so much for all your kind birthday wishes!

6 comments:

  1. Oh! Happy Birthday! Hope it was great! I really like your color combination for those mittens. Can't wait to see them done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Let me know how you like it. I think I forgot to tell you Happy Birthday! Well, I hope you had a marvelous one :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Joel and I could share this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, det der hørtes litt sprøtt og litt morsomt ut. Strikkende superhelter hadde vært noe!

    Ønsker deg en fin helg. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥