Friday, August 31, 2012

FO :: Hubby's socks

Untitled

Hubby's socks are done :) They was a fast knit with selfstriping yarn. I used black for the heels and toes to keep the striping.

Untitled

Pattern: Cuff down, 64 st, short row heel, 68 st for foot
Yarn:  61 g Fame #602 and 18 g Silja #301 for the heels & toes
Needles: 2,5 mm

Untitled

And I have sockblockers :)
When I made Hubby put on his new socks earlier today so I could take some photos, none of them became any good. So I sighed and said I should have had a pair of sockblockers. And after explaining what a sockblocker is, he said he could make me one :)
So after searching for a pattern on the net, I figured the easiest way to make them was to just use a sock as a pattern. So now I have one pair for my socks and one for his.

10 comments:

  1. Your socks look amazing I really like the stripy design. The sockblockers really made me smile.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to have a husband who can you make you sock blockers! He did a great job.
    The socks came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks and awesome sock blockers...I love the stripes on the socks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww his-n-hers sock blockers! Awesome! They do make photography much easier! Love the socks. I'll bet by now you're half done with that jumper you started a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful husband you have! Now you can nicely photograph all of your beautiful socks! I'd say that is a good trade, new socks for sock blockers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those sockblockers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you now have sock blockers! They are great for taking pictures of finished projects. The socks are very nice. It's interesting to see the difference in the way the pattern looks between the ribbing on the leg and the stocking stitch on the foot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely socks for hubby, and what a bonus that he offered to make the sock blockers. Just a month ago I wanted to present my socks and I snip snipped some cardboard into shape. It will do for now, and very economical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The socks look great, the striping pattern turned out really well! I am glad you got some sock blockers, they seem really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab sock blockers! and love the socks :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥