Sunday, August 26, 2012

FO :: Marius Tunic

Tunic, knitted by my sister

My sister has knitted a marius tunic for Eirin :)
I made her a similar one in grey and pink a few years ago.
The pattern is Marius tunika med rund sal by Unn Søiland Dale. And I'm pretty sure she used Sisu yarn for it.
Tunic, knitted by my sister

This pattern called Marius is very, very popular in Norway now. It's and old pattern first designed in 1953.
On Ravelry you can find many versions of this pattern by searching the tag marius. And now in September a knitting book (in norwegian) with just marius pattern is coming out. I have of course pre-ordered it.

Tunic, knitted by my sister

Eirin is tall and skinny, so I think this tunic will fit her a couple of years. And will be a vest when she gets taller.

wip's

I'm knitting too ;) I have a pair of socks for Hubby and some doll clothes on my needles. It's just the seaming left on the doll clothes so hopefully I find the urge to sew them together tomorrow...

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tunic! I love the color combination! I cannot wait to see the doll clothes sewn together and the socks are looking good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seaming ... not sure how I feel about seaming!

    That's a lovely tunic. Is it XO XO XO for kisses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tunic is gorgeous, I admire her colorwork skills, the stitches look simply perfect! Your daughter will likely love it for many years to come! Good luck on the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tunic is so pretty! Knitting talent obviously runs in your family. And such a beautiful model!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. I love the colorwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky girl--had a knitting mom and a knitting Aunt too! Simply lovely and I love hearing about knitting/pattern trends from around the world. I have found some patterns on Ravelry that I want to knit, only to find they are only written in Norwegian! Guess I should learn a new language! :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥